Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

PODCASTS

Comments

• edited March 2022
    I am listening to 3 Books by Neil Pasricha.

This has some great authors that he spends a lot of time with asking them what the 3 books that most influenced them are. 

So far, i have listened to david sedaris and dave barry. Currently listening to quentin tarrantino. Really entertaining getting authors to talk about other authors. 

Also, in talking to dave barry, who brings up stephen king — pasricha mentions he would love to get him on. 

Mr. King, if you read Bev’s board and you see this, i would highly recommend you listen to one of the segments and consider participating.  It’s not the same old interviews you are subject to. This has real conversational substance. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTSusanNorton
  • This has real conversational substance. 

...no, "where do you get your ideas?".......*sigh*.......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • BBC Radio  - "The Murder Of My Aunt

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio  - "The Murder Of My Aunt

“I have decided to muuuurder her.”

i love the snotty way he says that. 🤣🤣😂
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:

“I have decided to muuuurder her.”

i love the snotty way he says that. 🤣🤣😂
    Okay, this was funny! Enjoyed that. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:

I remember this one, it was one of my river outing radio plays last year, loved it! 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2022
    BBC World Service - Pontypool 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    BBC World Service - Pontypool 

I love the creativity of this one. A unique and intricate radio drama. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • BBC Radio  - Chimera 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio  - Chimera 

Another good one, listened to this while on firewood duty last winter.
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • The Mercury Theatre - A Tale Of Two Cities

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Listening to authors read other authors on the The New Yorker Fiction podcast . 

Terrific story called Leopard by Wells Tower. Read by David Sedaris. Discussion afterwards. I always see different ideas than what are put forth. And that’s what makes a great discussion. I love when someone sees something different than what I take away. It makes the discussion richer. Opens a mind to other possibilities. 
    FlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNTNotaro
  • How do I delete a draft? Mine keeps popping up

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Mine keeps popping up

Thats What He Said Blank Journal and Television Quote Scott Michael  Moore Run Write 9781984169716 Amazoncom Books
    NeesyFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerKurben
  • Neesy said:
    How do I delete a draft? Mine keeps popping up

It's a lot easier to do on a PC or laptop than a phone Neesy. (but the Drafts folder is in the same place, so the following works for both views)

If on your phone, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Full Site" link (to the left and just above the "Vanilla" logo)
    Once in full site mode, your "My Drafts" folder is just below the "My Discussions" folder in the list under your profile picture on the "Home" page. 
    Click on your drafts and once you see the link to the thread you have a draft in, there will be an "x" off to the right hand side of the page, click it to delete your draft, then click the "Back to Mobile Site" at the bottom of the page to change back to the mobile version. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurben
  • Quiet Please - The Thing OnThe Fourble Board

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Escape - Three Skeleton Key

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • I listened to a couple stories on my New Yorker Fiction podcast. 

One was read by salmon Rushdie. “Concerning the Bodyguard”  by Donald Barthelme. 

This was very interesting. Every single sentence was a question almost. And lots and lots of repetition.   A very purposeful use of repetition. That is something that is really not a good thing, unless it is the whole point of the story. Very stylized. A definite break from the acceptable. And every sentence a question? Let’s break the rules of short story writing. 

Salman’s discussion was interesting. 

Then I listened to “afternoon in Linen” by Shirley Jackson.  Simple story.  Entertaining enough. The discussion was more interesting than the story and made me aware there was more to this. 

Then I listened to “where You’ll Find Me” by Ann Beattie.  Again, well written. Loved the use of language to engage my senses — the narrator is trying to catch a bus — “ I tried to stop a bus from pulling away by shaking my shopping bags like castanets in the air.” 

I love the imagery of that. The sound of that.  
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • David Tennant  - A Night With A Vampire  (Series 1&2)

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    David Tennant  - A Night With A Vampire  (Series 1&2)

Oooo, love david. My next listen. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2022
    Notaro said:
    David Tennant  - A Night With A Vampire  (Series 1&2)

I’m on episode 8! David is so versatile. Good recommend. Quick ones.  Those are nice palate cleansers for the longer ones. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Roots Vinyl Guide
    I learn something new every day. Fourble Board. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ....aye.....errr I....know what you mean....wasn't in my wheelhouse of terms either...just another verbal bon-bon to sweeten the mental desert tray.....(good gawd!!!!...where the hell did THAT come from???)......
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirKurben
  • BBC Radio  - Slaughterhouse Five

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT