Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

PODCASTS

Comments

• Notaro said:
    BBC Radio  - Slaughterhouse Five

There is a really good documentary on him — i
    posted about it in doc thread so can’t remember which service, but worth a watch. 

I’m pretty sure i read this in high school but I will give this a listen for sure. It’s very cool when I keep making connections. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • NBC Radio - Arsenic And Old Lace w/ Boris Karloff

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • BBC Radio  - Fuhrer (Parts 1&2)

Part 1.

Part 2.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • BBC Radio   -  Neighbourhood Watch

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio   -  Neighbourhood Watch

Listened to this one — last night, fell asleep. Woke up this morning and rewound  to where I remember and finished it off.

nice nasty ending. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio   -  Neighbourhood Watch

This was a good one! It had me suspecting absolutely everyone before the end. 😃

And Janet was lucky people weren't actually lining up to kill her. 😂

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • BBC Radio  - The Importance Of Being Earnest

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • BBC Radio  - The Seven-Per-Cent Solution 

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ...one of my Dad's favorite Holmes tales......miss ya Pop.....
    Hedda GablerNotaro
  • A good radio drama — Fear on Four — Survival. 

Youtube 
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • Masterclass— Steve Martin

Steve writes besides acting and stand-up. 

In writing, one of his recommendations— take a bad situation and make it worse. 

😄
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSusanNorton
  • Masterclass— Steve Martin

😄
    😁 Love Steve Martin, in his movies mainly.
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTSusanNorton
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Masterclass— Steve Martin

😄
    I think my fave Steve Martin movie is Roxanne.
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTSusanNorton
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Masterclass— Steve Martin

😄
    I think my fave Steve Martin movie is Roxanne.
    That was a good one. 😁 I loved The Man with Two Brains.
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTSusanNorton
  • I loved Dirty Rotten Scoundrels because Michael Caine, my favorite actor was in it.   But i really enjoyed most of his movies. 

He discusses Roxanne in Masterclass.  Good information. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTSusanNorton
  • Stephen King Recommends the movie X.  

If anyone goes to see it, drop your thoughts. 

I listened to Mick Garris’s podcast that dropped today with director Ti West. Worth a listen. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • I have been gnashing my teeth for a new Levar Burton Reads. Wondering when season 11 would start. Ugh! Investigating shows a pattern of 2 months before a new season. 

it’s not like there isn’t plenty to listen to though. I was just excited for the future work. 

And I’ve listened to Stephen’s Afterlife about 3 times now. It is so well written. If you haven’t listened to Levar read it, it’s beautiful and the podcast is free. Treat yourself. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I have been gnashing my teeth for a new Levar Burton Reads. Wondering when season 11 would start. Ugh! Investigating shows a pattern of 2 months before a new season. 

it’s not like there isn’t plenty to listen to though. I was just excited for the future work. 

And I’ve listened to Stephen’s Afterlife about 3 times now. It is so well written. If you haven’t listened to Levar read it, it’s beautiful and the podcast is free. Treat yourself. 

I listened to that last week. Really good story, and Levar does a great job with it. It's definitely worth checking out.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Grant87 said:
    I have been gnashing my teeth for a new Levar Burton Reads. Wondering when season 11 would start. Ugh! Investigating shows a pattern of 2 months before a new season. 

I listened to that last week. Really good story, and Levar does a great job with it. It's definitely worth checking out.

Bev posted a video in the Afterlife thread of Levar reading it and I really recommend a second listen and watch of that.  A lot of passion for the material to do it justice. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2022
    @Grant87 — just wanted to thank you again for the Conan rec. i have really enjoyed my time spent with the interviews. 

i have listened to so many of these and they are just so entertaining. Smart guy. Quick, witty and genuinely interested and actively listening to who he talks to.  

Keep up with any recommendations you come across everyone. Even if it’s just an episode. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • @Grant87 — just wanted to thank you again for the Conan rec. i have really enjoyed my time spent with the interviews. 

i have listened to so many of these and they are just so entertaining. Smart guy. Quick, witty and genuinely interested and actively listening to who he talks to.  

Keep up with any recommendations you come across everyone. Even if it’s just an episode. 
    You're welcome! He's one of my favorite listens every week.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • BBC Radio  - The Test

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio  - The Test

This is a good one and led into another good one that i had to keep replaying because i fell asleep! Have to go back in for the end. 🤣
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2022
    Two new podcasts I’ve added are Cabinet of Curiosities and LORE. 

Both done by the same guy.  The CofC are quick little 10 minute pieces of interesting information.  LORE episodes run about a half hour each.  Fun  stuff. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio  - Slaughterhouse Five

I've just disappeared for 90 (+ as I had to rewind several times to get around interruptions) minutes. This was brilliant, filled with truths and insights, survival and often (totally unexpected) vulgar humour.
    So glad I went back to this one. I wish my kids would listen to these, I'd feel better about the drivel they watch on TikTok and YouTube if so.

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler