Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

PODCASTS

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ...I couldn't find any apohryca about Garris "muzzling" King.....
    No, mick didn’t. Kubrick did. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • .....ok, fornicated that one vertically.....
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    done 3 of these. Quick little stories. Entertaining.

keep ‘em coming.  
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • BBC Radio - The Hex

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2022
    This was good. I’m going to look into more sherlock stories. 
    I'm a big Sherlock Holmes. Loved the Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce movies and the Jeremy Brett series too.

You can find colorized versions of the Rathbone movies on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/TCCTimelessClassicsNowinColor - plus a lot of other movies too with Vincent Price, John Wayne, and Randolph Scott.

I've only watched the Sherlock Holmes movies and find the colorization well done. The conversion has been handled with restraint and though I'm generally a purist - do find these fun to watch again after seeing them in black and white for so long.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ....my dad would have enjoyed the colorized as "something different" as well....he was a huge Basil/Nigel fan and his exuberance rubbed off on me.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • BBC Radio - The Woman In Black

Part 1.

Part 2.

Part 3.

Part 4.
  • Listened to Kingcast with Bill Hader. Fun enough. 

My question, around the 30 min mark, who was peeing? Okay. They probably weren’t peeing but there were some suspicious liquidy sounds. When you make noise, boys, you best tell us what you are doing or we fill in the blanks. 

Also, their entry starts — the ice is gonna break, redrum—SOMETHING—you guys want to see a dead body, sometimes dead is better. 

If anyone listens to this, what is that something??? I can’t hear it. Might explain why I heard peeing. Couldn’t of been me, i woke up pee free. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaro
  • More podcasts. More episodes. More radio dramas.  I need more to short circuit my thinking in the middle of the night.   

Off to find some accent to put me to sleep. I don’t know what it is, but a smooth wonderfully toned accent lulls me to sleep. It’s my rain. Or ocean wave. 

To sleep perchance to dream…..

GNTLGNTNotaro
  • More podcasts. More episodes. More radio dramas.  I need more to short circuit my thinking in the middle of the night.   

Off to find some accent to put me to sleep. I don’t know what it is, but a smooth wonderfully toned accent lulls me to sleep. It’s my rain. Or ocean wave. 

I'm terrible (Muriel) at finding things online and I don't know if this will work, but you adore him, so here's hoping.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Heist-with-Michael-Caine-Podcast/B08GC1VQ67
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaro
  • Eff me, they're only samples.  🙄Told you I was bad at this. 😔
  • Okay, he's taking about real life gangs in this. Might be interesting. 🤔

• FlakeNoir said:
    Okay, he's taking about real life gangs in this. Might be interesting. 🤔

*talking, not taking.
    Farrrrrick.

• FlakeNoir said:
    Okay, he's taking about real life gangs in this. Might be interesting. 🤔

Too short! That was really interesting flakers, i’d love to hear more as The Krays intrigue me. I’ve watched documentaries and two movies about their lives. Read about them. And my beloved Michael talking about them — the stories he could share. 

Thanks for the link. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir

This might help.....

Michael MacLiammoir - The Importance Of Being Oscar

Part 1.

Part 2.

• Notaro said:
    More podcasts. More episodes. More radio dramas.  I need more to short circuit my thinking in the middle of the night.   

This might help.....

Michael MacLiammoir - The Importance Of Being Oscar

Part 1.

Part 2.

See?! That's how it's done... oh my God I'm so pathetic. 😳☺😬🙄😁
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Smiling GIF - BigSmile Smiling Happy - Discover  Share GIFs  Smile gif  Big smile Gif
    😆😂😃 You're welcome.  ☺
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • Suspense - The Doctor Prescribed Death   w/Bela Lugosi

Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Lux Radio Theatre  - Alfred Hitchcock Triple Bill

1. The Paradine Case
    2. The Birds
    3. Strangers On A Train

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Listened to the last two radio dramas shared. Mire! More! More!
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2022
    The Kingcast has a new episode up on The Tommyknockers. 

This was a book that took me many tries to read. Apparently he was on drugs? when he was writing it.  I was fully invested to a certain point and then I tapped out. I’m pretty sure I quit in the same spot every time although i couldn’t tell you the spot offhand. Finally I just forced myself through that moment. It’s really not a bad book in my opinion. I rather liked it.  

Anyway, I’ll be listening to that episode soon. 

Also, Mick Garris has back to back episodes  discussing Sleepwalkers if you are so interested. I’ve never seen that movie I don’t think .  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Lux Radio Theatre  - The 39 Steps

Lux Radio Theatre  - The Suspect

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited April 2022
    The Kingcast has a new episode up on The Tommyknockers. 

This was a book that took me many tries to read. Apparently he was on drugs? when he was writing it.  I was fully invested to a certain point and then I tapped out. I’m pretty sure I quit in the same spot every time although i couldn’t tell you the spot offhand. Finally I just forced myself through that moment. It’s really not a bad book in my opinion. I rather liked it.  

Anyway, I’ll be listening to that episode soon. 

Also, Mick Garris has back to back episodes  discussing Sleepwalkers if you are so interested. I’ve never seen that movie I don’t think .  
    I don’t f’ing know anymore. People, you are on microphones. Obviously good ones. Every nasal snork, every deep gross belch ( yes! belch!) is heard and makes your audience want to vomit.

I thought the hosts were sort of rude to their guests who chose Tommyknockers to talk about. The guests were two writers and creators from the show Yellowjackets.  I think the invited guy especially was approaching this book with appreciation. The host who after the people introductions announced the title with almost a disgusted smirky laugh. Almost just a “fuck. We have to talk about this monstrosity” disrespectful  tone. 

They spent most of the time talking about Yellowjackets, which was great though. I found  it precious the one host  thought he got some coup info. 
    Uh. If he paid attention, pretty obvious about Biscuit. We all knew it. Welcome to our world. 

But, still lots of fun talk about Yellowjackets. 

The thing that shocked me, the writers wanted to get the music Living on the Edge, Aerosmith, for the show. It would’ve cost them SIX figures just to use it. Out of budget, couldn’t happen. somebody on social media start a campaign to let them use it! Cheaper! Perfect song for the show. 

Made me wonder, how does Ricky Gervais afford to use so many songs in Afterlife?  What was the whole budget for those episodes just on music? 

Anyway, I didn’t like how dismissive the hosts were to people they asked to choose a king topic and then basically shit on them for it. 

GNTLGNTKurben
  • ....let me put my stethoscope down, and don my headsets.....the problem occurs when the host(s)try to be more clever than their guests, or attempt to take the spotlight away from them.....bad hosting at it's finest....
    Hedda GablerKurben