Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

PODCASTS

Comments

• BBC Radio 4 - Beast 

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I loved Dirty Rotten Scoundrels because Michael Caine, my favorite actor was in it.   But i really enjoyed most of his movies. 

He discusses Roxanne in Masterclass.  Good information. 
    I'm a huge fan of whatever he does, usually. Loved Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and The Jerk, and (as you said) most of his movies. My absolute favorite of his movies is Shopgirl.

I've read two of his novels (novellas?) and enjoyed them. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • I'm late and basic, lol - just getting around to starting the Office Ladies podcast.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGrant87
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    BBC Radio  - Slaughterhouse Five

I've just disappeared for 90 (+ as I had to rewind several times to get around interruptions) minutes. This was brilliant, filled with truths and insights, survival and often (totally unexpected) vulgar humour.
    So glad I went back to this one. I wish my kids would listen to these, I'd feel better about the drivel they watch on TikTok and YouTube if so.

This was good. A couple things I found interesting.

This was written in 1969. A character in the book— a NAZI sympathizer— promotes the slogan Drain the Swamp. Interesting shit, huh?

also, I did not realize Maori people fought in WWII. Looked that up to learn more. 

When my dad died, my mom gave me a necklace with the same quote that had meaning for Billy:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Good listen. And again, terrific doc on him mentioned above. 
    SusanNortonNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio 4 - Beast 

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Got this one started. Episode one a nice little chill. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    BBC Radio  - Slaughterhouse Five

I've just disappeared for 90 (+ as I had to rewind several times to get around interruptions) minutes. This was brilliant, filled with truths and insights, survival and often (totally unexpected) vulgar humour.
    So glad I went back to this one. I wish my kids would listen to these, I'd feel better about the drivel they watch on TikTok and YouTube if so.

This was good. A couple things I found interesting.

This was written in 1969. A character in the book— a NAZI sympathizer— promotes the slogan Drain the Swamp. Interesting shit, huh?

also, I did not realize Maori people fought in WWII. Looked that up to learn more. 

When my dad died, my mom gave me a necklace with the same quote that had meaning for Billy:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Good listen. And again, terrific doc on him mentioned above. 
    Yeah I noticed that too. (drain the swamp)

Yes the Maori battalion lost a lot of men and boys in WWII.

Lovely gift from your mom, a good mantra, that one. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio 4 - Beast 

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Quiet and sad. ❤️
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I listened to Mick Garris’s podcast on the 25 year anniversary of The Shining miniseries. Steven Weber, Cynthia Garris and special effects artist Bill Corso joined Mick to talk about the experience. Lots of King stories. 

@BevVincent — I can’t remember, did you get to visit this set and did you have a write-up about the miniseries?
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Audible Original Drama - Alien: Out Of The Shadows 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Audible  - Alien: River Of Pain

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Audible  - Alien: Sea Of Sorrows

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....I like the titles....very evocative.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroKurben
  • edited April 2022
    Interesting podcast from the Chapelwaite showrunners - the Filardi Brothers, Peter and Jason. They talk about their admiration for Stephen King and the challenges of adapting a short story into a season long TV show- https://tinyurl.com/yaq2uk3j
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroKurben
  • Weird Circle - The Werewolf 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma
  • Notaro said:
    Weird Circle - The Werewolf 

Oh goody! This will be my evening  listen. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • BBC Radio - The Revenge 

An oddity, a radio play written by Andrew Sachs ( Manuel in Fawlty Towers) and performed without any dialogue, just sound and sound effects.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio - The Revenge 

An oddity, a radio play written by Andrew Sachs ( Manuel in Fawlty Towers) and performed without any dialogue, just sound and sound effects.
    That was very creative. I liked that. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Interesting podcast from the Chapelwaite showrunners - the Filardi Brothers, Peter and Jason. They talk about their admiration for Stephen King and the challenges of adapting a short story into a season long TV show- https://tinyurl.com/yaq2uk3j
    Insightful. So young, all of them.

And all those repeated questions. all those repeated stories about SK are going to be discovered for the first time long after we’re gone.  

Now, waiting for the Blu-ray release. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenLou_Sytsma
  • BBC Radio - Sherlock Holmes; The Marlbourne Point Mystery 

Part One....

Part Two...
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    BBC Radio - Sherlock Holmes; The Marlbourne Point Mystery 

Part One....

Part Two...
    This was good. I’m going to look into more sherlock stories. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • edited April 2022
    Listened to new episode  of Postmortem, mick Garris’s podcast. This was an ask mick anything about The Shining miniseries. 

I think I had heard this, but it was in the contract that King could not say anything bad about Kubrick’s version. Did that agreement have a shelf life because Stephen has been very vocal about his opinion. 

Very interesting listen. 

FlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • ...I couldn't find any apohryca about Garris "muzzling" King.....
    FlakeNoir