Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• @Notaro. how is work going?  

How is the family of the co worker who died right before all this happened?  Do you hear anything about them?
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • @Notaro. how is work going?  

How is the family of the co worker who died right before all this happened?  Do you hear anything about them?
    Last I heard Dinger's family were still in deep shock but just about coping, I rely on any information about them from his boss who works onsite and he's still in shock himself.  We started back working on Monday and yesterday Healty & Safety officials arrived onsite and shut us down, I'm at home now waiting to hear what the next step is, apparently a child was cycling around and was on the area where construction traffic travels in and out of the site. Pedestrian lanes and stricter access measures will have to be put in place I'd imagine. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    @Notaro. how is work going?  

Last I heard Dinger's family were still in deep shock but just about coping, I rely on any information about them from his boss who works onsite and he's still in shock himself.  We started back working on Monday and yesterday Healty & Safety officials arrived onsite and shut us down, I'm at home now waiting to hear what the next step is, apparently a child was cycling around and was on the area where construction traffic travels in and out of the site. Pedestrian lanes and stricter access measures will have to be put in place I'd imagine. 
    I feel so bad for them.  They lose him and then this happens.  Hard to get back to normal when you can't do normal things.

Oh wow.  That's interesting they shut you down.  I hope things can get worked out and stricter safety measures put in places so you can work and everyone can stay safe.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • @GNTLGNT -- how are you?
    GNTLGNT
  • @GNTLGNT -- how are you?
    ....still alive.....some crap going at work that I can't get into right now-but suffice it to say, someone set me up and now I'm having to battle the stress and strain of that in addition to everything else.....people, in large measure, suck......disease wise, we as a correctional family-have lost another nurse and another officer.......
  • GNTLGNT said:
    @GNTLGNT -- how are you?
    ....still alive.....some crap going at work that I can't get into right now-but suffice it to say, someone set me up and now I'm having to battle the stress and strain of that in addition to everything else.....people, in large measure, suck......disease wise, we as a correctional family-have lost another nurse and another officer.......
    Well crap.  When you can and want to vent, I'm an ear.  Hang in there guy.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    @GNTLGNT -- how are you?
    GNTLGNT said:
    @GNTLGNT -- how are you?
    Well crap.  When you can and want to vent, I'm an ear.  Hang in there guy.
    What Hedda said Scott, feel free to vent whenever you need to, I'm used to harsh language, I've been married for 25 years. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • @GNTLGNT- manifesting some calming and settling vibes for the work environment.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Happy Friday! 

I did not make note of my password and couldn't get logged back in here.  :D I had to ask Bev for help, which he graciously provided. I have the password saved now!  ;) 

This last week was brutal. Night shifts so I have catchup house stuff to do plus get going on the deep cleaning to get ready for the reception next month. I wish I could get over thinking everything has to look like no one actually lives here...but I am blessed with some very judgmental family members who have hurt my feelings over it in the past, so I work myself ragged whenever people are coming. The thing is, I doubt it makes any difference...the tongues wag as soon as they are away from here anyway. 

This is all for my kid though and I really am trying not to go too crazy. It is MY house, after all. 

Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend. Big hugs and positive vibes to all.  <3 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    cat said:
    Happy Friday! 

I did not make note of my password and couldn't get logged back in here.  :D I had to ask Bev for help, which he graciously provided. I have the password saved now!  ;) 

This last week was brutal. Night shifts so I have catchup house stuff to do plus get going on the deep cleaning to get ready for the reception next month. I wish I could get over thinking everything has to look like no one actually lives here...but I am blessed with some very judgmental family members who have hurt my feelings over it in the past, so I work myself ragged whenever people are coming. The thing is, I doubt it makes any difference...the tongues wag as soon as they are away from here anyway. 

This is all for my kid though and I really am trying not to go too crazy. It is MY house, after all. 

Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend. Big hugs and positive vibes to all.  <3 
    Why do people feel this overwhelming need to be so ugly?  I don't get it.  Just be happy to see people, celebrate a great kid and get some free food and drinks!  bwhaha!  It will be lovely cat.  

Remember, people like this?  It's their issue.  It's their insecurities.  It has nothing to do with you!  Let them rock on with their miserable selves.  

You rock!  In a positive way.  Not their negative rocking way.  You know what I mean.

catFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNT
  • @cat. I edited that last line to differentiate the different types of "rocking."  

:D 
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • @cat. I edited that last line to differentiate the different types of "rocking."  

I did know what you meant!  :D 

It's just one of those things. I just want Evan to have a good time and feel special. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    @cat. I edited that last line to differentiate the different types of "rocking."  

I did know what you meant!  :D 

It's just one of those things. I just want Evan to have a good time and feel special. 
    He will.  You are working hard to make that happen.  

So let it be written, so let it be done!
    catFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNT
  • Thought we could use a "feel good moment".   Hope it's ok to post it here.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/louisville-service-dog-yearbook-photo-kentucky-trnd/index.html
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ...YOUR house CAT, they think it's supposed to be Good Housekeeping ?.....ensure they know where the door is, and also where you foot will be placed on their way out.....
    Notaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...YOUR house CAT, they think it's supposed to be Good Housekeeping ?.....ensure they know where the door is, and also where you foot will be placed on their way out.....

I agree with Scott....or you could tase them.....usually that calms people down and shows them who the boss is ;) :D
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...YOUR house CAT, they think it's supposed to be Good Housekeeping ?.....ensure they know where the door is, and also where you foot will be placed on their way out.....

I agree with Scott....or you could tase them.....usually that calms people down and shows them who the boss is ;) :D
    ....or spritz them with some OC, they'll be so happy-it'll bring tears to their eyes.....
    Notaroghost19
  • .....so, last coupla days on here been kinda like this.......
    SB Nation NBA on Twitter its way too quiet for the night

Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited June 2020
    Sorry I haven't been around yapping.  I have these beautiful viney bushes that have been on my fence for years.  And while I keep them very manicured, the weight of them finally took my fence out.   

So, unfortunately, I had to cut all these vines and bushes out and my fence is naked and wounded right now.  I literally have it standing up with zip ties.  Seriously.  Zip ties.  It's working for now until I can get someone in here to replace it all.

It has been a massive amount of work and now I have to get all that waste either to the dump in my truck, or slowly work on it going out in the trash each week.  Which is probably what I'll do.  I hate going clear out to the dump.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Sorry I haven't been around yapping.  I have these beautiful viney bushes that have been on my fence for years.  And while I keep them very manicured, the weight of them finally took my fence out.   

So, unfortunately, I had to cut all these vines and bushes out and my fence is naked and wounded right now.  I literally have it standing up with zip ties.  Seriously.  Zip ties.  It's working for now until I can get someone in here to replace it all.

It has been a massive amount of work and now I have to get all that waste either to the dump in my truck, or slowly work on it going out in the trash each week.  Which is probably what I'll do.  I hate going clear out to the dump.
    ....zip ties!....welcome to white trash "Murica!!......Tracy and I cut some wood Saturday....spent about 6 hours cleaning up some of the jungle and have bunches more to do....plus, I fell down the hill while doing it and Tracy had tom play Lassie and get me out of the well....seriously....my fat ass was flat on my back on a downslope and she had to hold a stick out for me to latch onto....sweet baby Jeebus....good thing I have no pride....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ....and I was just missin' ya.....good friends are a treasure.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNT fell down the hill.  There is a nursery rhyme like that, isn't there?
    Glad your ok.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • GNT fell down the hill.  There is a nursery rhyme like that, isn't there?
    Glad your ok.
    ....maybe, but there should have been video....I coulda been a star!.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir