Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• The raccoons are probably plotting against his wife right now, because once she showed up, the buffet stopped.  

Notaro
  • Present! (Raises hand). Just been swamped at work..lol. No falls...not today anyway....Helping Tamara get a small greenhouse up and running in the backyard under protest.....I don't understand growing things, we have a farmer's market, wal-mart, and about 4 whole foods stores 15 minutes away..ughhhh.
    Notaro
  • ghost19 said:
    Present! (Raises hand). Just been swamped at work..lol. No falls...not today anyway....Helping Tamara get a small greenhouse up and running in the backyard under protest.....I don't understand growing things, we have a farmer's market, wal-mart, and about 4 whole foods stores 15 minutes away..ughhhh.
    It's the journey laddie, not the destination. Well, okay... it's that too! :D 
    Notaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:
    Present! (Raises hand). Just been swamped at work..lol. No falls...not today anyway....Helping Tamara get a small greenhouse up and running in the backyard under protest.....I don't understand growing things, we have a farmer's market, wal-mart, and about 4 whole foods stores 15 minutes away..ughhhh.
    LOL, she has a green thumb, both of mine are not green and put on backwards, I have NO talent when it comes to growing things....not much talent otherwise in general, come to think of it....

Notaro
  • ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:
    LOL, she has a green thumb, both of mine are not green and put on backwards, I have NO talent when it comes to growing things....not much talent otherwise in general, come to think of it....

.....dude, I won't even go there.....to easy......waaaaayyyy to easy.....
    Notaro
  • ghost19 said:
    Glad to see you are safe and sound!  We were getting worried.  

Love that you are making a greenhouse!  That is so great.  
    Notaro
  • ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:

GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:

.....dude, I won't even go there.....to easy......waaaaayyyy to easy.....
    :D :D (both quotes)
    Notarocat
  • Have a great day everyone. I'm going to go catch a few hours sleep. Tomorrow is what we call ANZAC Day, it's when we remember our fallen and our services' members in both war and peace time.
    Normally we would gather at dawn in the town square, not so during the Covid times. People are going to meet at their gate/letterboxes. All over NZ we have been making poppies and putting them in our windows and on our front lawns and fences/gates etc.

Lest We Forget

Anzac Day  lest we forget  Remembrance day art Anzac day
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotarocat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Have a great day everyone. I'm going to go catch a few hours sleep. Tomorrow is what we call ANZAC Day, it's when we remember our fallen and our services' members in both war and peace time.
    Normally we would gather at dawn in the town square, not so during the Covid times. People are going to meet at their gate/letterboxes. All over NZ we have been making poppies and putting them in our windows and on our front lawns and fences/gates etc.

Lest We Forget

In remembrance of all servers.  And to their families.  They serve too.

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Happy Monday! 

Been a rollercoaster weekend here. Thursday, Evan got that lovely basket of goodies, the random act of kindness. Which was awesome. 

Friday, a %#&%@ neighbor had himself a good temper tantrum over Evan parking his truck that he JUST bought on the street in front of OUR house (because the $@&;%* neighbor could no longer park his piece of $#&%* there) and backed his company vehicle right into Evan's truck. Backed right into it! We are 99% sure it was done intentionally. For the love of all that is holy!!! My poor kid! So now we have to deal with that, and get his truck fixed. Sigh. 

Graduation has been tentatively rescheduled for June 27. Prom was canceled. They are still ironing out details about where graduation will be held and how many people can actually attend. So we may have to still settle on only having a reception that friends and family can attend, they may not be allowed to attend the ceremony. But, he will get to walk, and that is good. His classmates who are joining the military will all be at basic training then though, so they are still going to miss out. ☹

Other bright spots from the weekend, it was gorgeous weather. Scott grilled some yummy food. I got to enjoy my swing and my new SK book. 

Hope you all are well. Big hugs and positive vibes to all.  <3  

NotaroHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • cat said:
    Happy Monday! 

Been a rollercoaster weekend here. Thursday, Evan got that lovely basket of goodies, the random act of kindness. Which was awesome. 

Friday, a %#&%@ neighbor had himself a good temper tantrum over Evan parking his truck that he JUST bought on the street in front of OUR house (because the $@&;%* neighbor could no longer park his piece of $#&%* there) and backed his company vehicle right into Evan's truck. Backed right into it! We are 99% sure it was done intentionally. For the love of all that is holy!!! My poor kid! So now we have to deal with that, and get his truck fixed. Sigh. 

Graduation has been tentatively rescheduled for June 27. Prom was canceled. They are still ironing out details about where graduation will be held and how many people can actually attend. So we may have to still settle on only having a reception that friends and family can attend, they may not be allowed to attend the ceremony. But, he will get to walk, and that is good. His classmates who are joining the military will all be at basic training then though, so they are still going to miss out. ☹

Other bright spots from the weekend, it was gorgeous weather. Scott grilled some yummy food. I got to enjoy my swing and my new SK book. 

Your neighbour sounds like a complete jerk Cat, karma will come knocking on his door eventually.  Is your new SK book If It Bleeds ? Still no joy getting it here, I may just buy the audio book on iTunes.
    catHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    cat said:
    Happy Monday! 

Your neighbour sounds like a complete jerk Cat, karma will come knocking on his door eventually.  Is your new SK book If It Bleeds ? Still no joy getting it here, I may just buy the audio book on iTunes.
    Oh he is a real piece of work, you are right about that. He stood outside last week and screamed at his wife and was throwing his arms up in the air and pointing at our house, because he was mad he could not park there anymore. It is in front of OUR house. He can park his crap in front of his own darn house. That is why we think he did it on purpose. 

That plus, my husband went out and measured...from the curb on their side if the street to where Evan is parked, it us 33 ft. 33 ft!!! He can't back out of his driveway correctly with that kind of room, he probably should not be driving any kind of company vehicle. And he never apologized. He had a smug F-U look on his face the whole time, even when the police were here, taking the report. Why not? I'm sure he thinks there will be no personal ramifications for himself, given it was a company vehicle and he is just an employee there, not the owner. 

Well, I filed the claim with his insurance company this morning. So now we wait for them to contact us. 

I have not gotten my hard copy of the new book yet, either. My delivery date was pushed to May 4. So I went ahead and got the kindle version while I wait on the hard copy. I hope you find a copy soon! I have read 2 of the stories and they are great! 
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Over here if you reverse out of a driveway and hit something you are responsible, at the very least he should be charged with reckless driving. No doubt his employer will settle the claim, they haven't a leg to stand on really. 
    catHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Over here if you reverse out of a driveway and hit something you are responsible, at the very least he should be charged with reckless driving. No doubt his employer will settle the claim, they haven't a leg to stand on really. 
    Yep, the policeman did say and put on the report that the neighbor was at fault. I don't know if he got a ticket out of it or not. 
    Hedda GablerNeesyNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • cat said:
    Notaro said:
    Over here if you reverse out of a driveway and hit something you are responsible, at the very least he should be charged with reckless driving. No doubt his employer will settle the claim, they haven't a leg to stand on really. 
    Yep, the policeman did say and put on the report that the neighbor was at fault. I don't know if he got a ticket out of it or not. 
    That absolutely is the most jack-ass move.  Like I said, the way people are acting now and the things they are saying -- pay attention. The true nature of the beast is coming out and the masks are dropping.  I'm so sorry you had to deal with this.  

Great on the walking for graduation!  That is fantastic.  Would love to know all the goodies he got in his basket.  

The barbecue food sounds deelish.  Our grill went kaput last summer (after about 15 years) and we didn't get a chance to get a new one before this hit.  I would love to have it right now.

NeesycatNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • cat said:
    Notaro said:
    That absolutely is the most jack-ass move.  Like I said, the way people are acting now and the things they are saying -- pay attention. The true nature of the beast is coming out and the masks are dropping.  I'm so sorry you had to deal with this.  

Great on the walking for graduation!  That is fantastic.  Would love to know all the goodies he got in his basket.  

The barbecue food sounds deelish.  Our grill went kaput last summer (after about 15 years) and we didn't get a chance to get a new one before this hit.  I would love to have it right now.

It really is absolutely disgusting behavior. I really cannot fathom doing something like that on purpose, myself. But he did. I mean, it was not even a straight shot to Evan's truck, he had to steer at an angle to hit it the way he did. He has had all of us seeing red. Poor Evan. He was very mature and held his temper with the guy, even though he was so so so mad. 

Evan's goody basket! It had a bunch of candy in it, old fashioned, GOOD candy like the root beer barrels and cinnamon bears. A huge bottle of Mountain Dew. A Yeti water bottle plus a package with a second lid for it, with the straw, for cold drinks as opposed to hot. And a really cool Thunder Basin Bolts (his high school) sweatshirt. Totally awesome stuff!! 

I made sure I got into the fb group for this really kind endeavor and posted a pic of Evan and his basket with our thanks in there, and then contacted the lady privately and got her address from her so Evan can write her a proper thank you. She seemed very pleased by that, and very pleased he loved everything in his basket! 
    NeesyHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • cat said:
    cat said:
    Notaro said:

It really is absolutely disgusting behavior. I really cannot fathom doing something like that on purpose, myself. But he did. I mean, it was not even a straight shot to Evan's truck, he had to steer at an angle to hit it the way he did. He has had all of us seeing red. Poor Evan. He was very mature and held his temper with the guy, even though he was so so so mad. 

Evan's goody basket! It had a bunch of candy in it, old fashioned, GOOD candy like the root beer barrels and cinnamon bears. A huge bottle of Mountain Dew. A Yeti water bottle plus a package with a second lid for it, with the straw, for cold drinks as opposed to hot. And a really cool Thunder Basin Bolts (his high school) sweatshirt. Totally awesome stuff!! 

I made sure I got into the fb group for this really kind endeavor and posted a pic of Evan and his basket with our thanks in there, and then contacted the lady privately and got her address from her so Evan can write her a proper thank you. She seemed very pleased by that, and very pleased he loved everything in his basket! 
    Good job mom.  Handwritten thank yous are important.  And kids nowadays need to know that sometimes they need to do that.  Not always.  A verbal thank you works.  A text thank you works or email.  But a handwritten one is special and meaningful to people.
    catNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • cat said:
    Happy Monday! 

....Gawd, I hate shi*head people!!!!.....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....on 12 hour shifts now.....2 on two off...2 on 3 off....three on, two off....lather, rinse repeat....I now have an entire dorm of 500 Inmates that I have to "temp" every day....IN the dorm.....so no worries there.....dammit......
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....on 12 hour shifts now.....2 on two off...2 on 3 off....three on, two off....lather, rinse repeat....I now have an entire dorm of 500 Inmates that I have to "temp" every day....IN the dorm.....so no worries there.....dammit......
    Be safe. Do not let your guard down. Too much still unknown about this virus. 
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Safety vibes, Scott. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Stay safe Scott, watch yourself with those inmates, you know what I mean.
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTFlakeNoir