Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:
    Thanks both of you. Looking forward to hanging out here. Flake, you are you and yours ma'am?

We're doing good thanks Ghost. Most of my family is a bit scattered, but we're keeping in touch via Messenger.
    Life is quite strange right now... for us all. 

How have you all been? It's been ages since we caught up properly! 

I hear ya. Doing pretty good. Tam had to have her gall bladder removed last week, apparently it's a common thing for bariatric surgery patients, so she's recovering, a little slower than she'd like I think, still pretty sore, but recovering nonetheless. Both boys are out of school here most likely for the duration unless something drastic happens with the Coronavirus situation so my oldest is doing his classes online and the four year is just running amok.....lol. Tamara is able to work from home for the most part due to the school being closed but I'm pretty sure at some point it's going to become kill or be killed between her and the toddler, lol. I'm still able to go to work everyday so I get a break, but she's with him 24-7, told her this weekend I'd be more than happy to corral him for a day if she wants to go have girl time with one of her friends, living with all three of us boys she could probably use a break...lol.

It's very strange here in Arkansas at the moment, we're the only state in the south that hasn't mandated a quarantine and apparently our Governor is standing behind that decision as we're, for the most part, a very rural state. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to keep that up, hopefully for the duration, it's nice being able to have a job to go to and still get a paycheck. Stores are empty, restaurants are closed, no one seems to be outside at all, it's a bit eerie. So, we're just trying to keep our heads, weather this weird storm and maintain a sense of normalcy. I hope you and your family stay healthy and happy Flake, and have a very good weekend ma'am. Shannon.
    ....it's cuz yer all indoors, in-breeding......
     :D 
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:
    Thanks both of you. Looking forward to hanging out here. Flake, you are you and yours ma'am?

We're doing good thanks Ghost. Most of my family is a bit scattered, but we're keeping in touch via Messenger.

I hear ya. Doing pretty good. Tam had to have her gall bladder removed last week, apparently it's a common thing for bariatric surgery patients, so she's recovering, a little slower than she'd like I think, still pretty sore, but recovering nonetheless. Both boys are out of school here most likely for the duration unless something drastic happens with the Coronavirus situation so my oldest is doing his classes online and the four year is just running amok.....lol. Tamara is able to work from home for the most part due to the school being closed but I'm pretty sure at some point it's going to become kill or be killed between her and the toddler, lol. I'm still able to go to work everyday so I get a break, but she's with him 24-7, told her this weekend I'd be more than happy to corral him for a day if she wants to go have girl time with one of her friends, living with all three of us boys she could probably use a break...lol.

It's very strange here in Arkansas at the moment, we're the only state in the south that hasn't mandated a quarantine and apparently our Governor is standing behind that decision as we're, for the most part, a very rural state. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to keep that up, hopefully for the duration, it's nice being able to have a job to go to and still get a paycheck. Stores are empty, restaurants are closed, no one seems to be outside at all, it's a bit eerie. So, we're just trying to keep our heads, weather this weird storm and maintain a sense of normalcy. I hope you and your family stay healthy and happy Flake, and have a very good weekend ma'am. Shannon.

Don't forget playing banjos also....I gotta have more banjo!
    ...we threw em all in the back of our monster trucks here in Ohiya, on our way to the county fair and shine squeezin' festival.....
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:

Don't forget playing banjos also....I gotta have more banjo!
    ...we threw em all in the back of our monster trucks here in Ohiya, on our way to the county fair and shine squeezin' festival.....
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:

• ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    You lot are hilarious!  :D

@ghost19 I hope Tam is feeling a lot better soon, and OMGosh... dealing with the 4-year-old after surgery! Yeowie! 

I really do worry about the people that haven't already adopted the lock-down approach, this virus is moving through the world like wildfire. Please be super-careful Shannon about hand-washing and stay away from anyone remotely unwell--you've got your health to worry about!

Thanks Flake. I'm being very careful. Our office is closed to the public but we're still taking precautions. I have a mask I carry around and use on the rare occasions I have to actually meet with a client and everyone in our office is constantly wiping down their work area with Chlorox wipes, our office smells like a bleach commercial...lol

We've had a few robberies around the area lately. Seven "masked" perps robbed a Dillard's store a few towns south of us...a Dillard's store....who robs a Dillard's store???? lol. No one hurt, but they got away clean, all wearing face masks...you can't make this stuff up.
    That's scary! It sucks that people take advantage of others when we're all in this mess together. I really don't understand certain aspects of human nature. GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    You lot are hilarious!  :D

@ghost19 I hope Tam is feeling a lot better soon, and OMGosh... dealing with the 4-year-old after surgery! Yeowie! 

I really do worry about the people that haven't already adopted the lock-down approach, this virus is moving through the world like wildfire. Please be super-careful Shannon about hand-washing and stay away from anyone remotely unwell--you've got your health to worry about!

Thanks Flake. I'm being very careful. Our office is closed to the public but we're still taking precautions. I have a mask I carry around and use on the rare occasions I have to actually meet with a client and everyone in our office is constantly wiping down their work area with Chlorox wipes, our office smells like a bleach commercial...lol

We've had a few robberies around the area lately. Seven "masked" perps robbed a Dillard's store a few towns south of us...a Dillard's store....who robs a Dillard's store???? lol. No one hurt, but they got away clean, all wearing face masks...you can't make this stuff up.
    ....you probably should just wear that mask to spare the rest of us.....just sayin'....
  • edited April 2020
    Anybody have any Easter plans?  Scott, Ghost you have little ones in your lives, what is the plan for the Easter Bunny?  
  • ....no idea Deej.....truly....things here are rough, Tracy just lost a best friend less than a week ago and now that girl's husband may not make it through the night....plus she is stressing about me having to work, and what I might be bringing home to everyone-so there is little celebratory feeling for the two of us.....the kids Mom & Dad though are going to do them up right....
  • edited April 2020
    Oh Scott, this is just horrible.  All my best to Tracy.  Was it Covid?  This is friggin' scary.   And I understand the worry about you, about what you bring home to her or anyone else.  My mind worries about anyone trying to hang onto a job right now.  My son works and I worry every single day what he is bringing home to me and exposing himself too.

I know the little critter's moms and dads will make Easter something special.
  • ....it wasn't CoVid.....her friend had some long standing health issues and her husband is dying of cancer.....he has refused treatment and is going out on his own terms....things are only getting worse at work, and that has ratcheted up the worries.....across the state institution-wise, we are nearing 50 staff infected, 17 inmates and the one death....because she watches our grandbaby, Trace doesn't even want to be around me....and I can't hug, kiss or hold anyone as I would like....I'm in a pretty dark spot for the foreseeable future and am trying to keep things together.....
  • I'm so sorry.  I hate to hear it.  And I'm so sorry to hear these statistics.  It is frightening.    I know you are so sad to not be able to have that closeness.  Hang in there.  We're gonna get past this.  And know people care and appreciate your sacrifice.  
  • Greetings, hope everyone is doing ok, stay safe. 
  • You and your family stay safe too.  
  • ...the state just approved some hazard pay for us....will amount to about 3 bucks and hour...better than nothing, but won't amount to crap if I end up dying from this.....I know, I'm just a little ray of sunshine......
  • Well, like you said, it is better than nothing but not nearly enough for putting your life on the line every single time you step out the door.  And what your family goes through,  they are part of your team, that compensation should be higher to reflect their sacrifice too.  

You are a ray of sunshine.  A big nasty cloud is blocking the shine right now.  It will pass soon I hope.
  • Anybody have any Easter plans?  Scott, Ghost you have little ones in your lives, what is the plan for the Easter Bunny?  
    I got Easter eggs to the 2 big kids (& their partners) that don't live at home, but are close by before we went into lock-down. I sent money to the married kids that live far away.
    Easter Bunny will deliver chocolate eggs outside the bedroom doors of all that still live in our home.

None of it feels like Easter though, it's a strange feeling.
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....it wasn't CoVid.....her friend had some long standing health issues and her husband is dying of cancer.....he has refused treatment and is going out on his own terms....things are only getting worse at work, and that has ratcheted up the worries.....across the state institution-wise, we are nearing 50 staff infected, 17 inmates and the one death....because she watches our grandbaby, Trace doesn't even want to be around me....and I can't hug, kiss or hold anyone as I would like....I'm in a pretty dark spot for the foreseeable future and am trying to keep things together.....
    I'm so sorry (((Scott,))) it is an unbelievably frightening time and I'm sending my best thoughts to you all. 
  • Have a happy easter everyone.  Or a happy Sunday.  I watch two little boys and haven't seen them I think since early february????  too long.  I miss them so much.  I'm supposed to get a little video of them tomorrow.  I hope they don't forget.  They're probably all grown up with acne and teen angst by now.
  • Have a happy easter everyone.  Or a happy Sunday.  I watch two little boys and haven't seen them I think since early february????  too long.  I miss them so much.  I'm supposed to get a little video of them tomorrow.  I hope they don't forget.  They're probably all grown up with acne and teen angst by now.
    ....with their hipster clothing and fancy phones....drinking their quarantine lattes......
  • edited April 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    Have a happy easter everyone.  Or a happy Sunday.  I watch two little boys and haven't seen them I think since early february????  too long.  I miss them so much.  I'm supposed to get a little video of them tomorrow.  I hope they don't forget.  They're probably all grown up with acne and teen angst by now.
    ....with their hipster clothing and fancy phones....drinking their quarantine lattes......
    My little boys facetimed me!  I was so tickled to see them.  They've lost teeth and grown inches and their faces are thinning out.  (not from lack of food but because they are growing up.)

I got off the phone and on one hand, was smiling from ear to ear, and on the other, I wanted to bawl.  I miss their energy so much.  They keep me moving and creative.  The proverbial, on my toes. 

I'm always learning new things from them.  Just because someone is little doesn't mean they don't have things to teach you when you're big.
  • Anybody have any Easter plans?  Scott, Ghost you have little ones in your lives, what is the plan for the Easter Bunny?  
    We had planned to grill some burgers and brautwursts but it's a rainy wash out here today so we're going to cook....well, Tam is going to cook the burgers and brauts indoors instead along with an apple pie that currently is smelling quite amazing. How you doing Deej? Any big plans today in Casa de DJ?

You do the same DJ, hope you have a good Easter in these strange days. Scott, I hope you and Tracy are doing ok sir and that you both have a good Easter day sir. I'm tempted to go the gun range and try out some new toys today since our cookout got washed out but I may just be lazy today and watch movies...lol
  • Just hanging out.  No big meal as I would be the only one eating it.  So, I had a can of soup.  

Hope your dinner is yummy!
  • Just hanging out.  No big meal as I would be the only one eating it.  So, I had a can of soup.  

Hope your dinner is yummy!

Me too I'm starving. I keep telling her to hurry up and get the food cooked, that she has three guys in the house who are starving! I'll save a burger for you DJ....I need to get out there and put together that grill I told you I won in that raffle, I HATE assembling crap like that, I suck at it...lol
  • Pay attention to the directions.  Being VERY stereotypical here, but if you're like every other man I know, you don't want to follow instructions.