Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

R.I.P.

Comments

• cat said:
    I was wondering, they are Scientologists, right? So they don't really go for medical treatment, do they? 

I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way at all, I just wondered to myself if she actually had any treatments...but even if not, like you said, she got to go as she wished. 

No, I totally understand what you're talking about.  We are having a discussion with no judgment or rancor -- and we should be able to do that with each other.  Just talk.  JMO.

I get so frustrated when people try to make something that wasn't intended.  Without knowing you or understanding where the questions and discussion is coming from

You are in a safe zone with me.  We can discuss anything.  I wish more people felt that without immediately looking for something ugly.

I'm not sure about the Scientologist thing and medicine.  Is that one of their doctrines?  I find that unfortunate if it is, because so many things can be cured or managed safely and efficiently with medicine.  But, her body, her choice -- I hope.
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • I just looked it up, and their official position is not to interfere with medical diagnoses or treatments, so I guess it is allowed. I thought it was not. 

John Travolta did thank a medical team so I was wrong all the way around. Just thought I had heard that they refused medical treatments somewhere and it stuck in my head. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • edited July 2020
    Well, I'm glad to know they do seek treatment and medicine when needed and advised.  

Damn cancer.  It's vicious.  

catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • Journalist Christopher Dickey -- son of James Dickey (Deliverance). I communicated with him when we were looking to obtain the reprint rights to "Falling" for FLIGHT OR FRIGHT.
    FlakeNoirspideymandoyoulove19GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • R. I. P.  Christopher Dickey
    FlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Interview with Christopher Dickey Podcast - The Illusion of More.....R.I.P. good sir......
    FlakeNoirHedda Gablerspideymandoyoulove19Neesy
  • Oh no.  I'm very sorry.  RIP.

Was this a Covid thing or something else?  He really doesn't look that old to me.
    spideymanNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Oh no.  I'm very sorry.  RIP.

Was this a Covid thing or something else?  He really doesn't look that old to me.
    Google says heart failure at age 68.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Regis Philbin  Legendary television host Regis Philbin dead at 88....I will remember his legendary "spats" with David Letterman with a fond grin....great entertainer and awesome interviewer......
    not_nadineHedda GablerNotarodoyoulove19catNeesy
  • Peter Green.  Co-Founder of Fleetwood Mac

Peter Green rehearsing at the Royal Albert Hall in
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotarodoyoulove19Neesy
  • Olivia de Havilland -- what a star.

She has one of my favorite quotes in movie history and I use it all the time:

The happiest days are the days when babies come.”  Gone with the Wind, talking about Bonnie Blue Butler.

And she was fantastic, going from sweet and innocent Melanie to killer dangerous in
    Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte.  A movie I have watched more times than I can count.

R.I.P.
    BevVincentNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTdoyoulove19catNeesy
  • R. I. P. Olivia de Havilland ,  screen legend. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTdoyoulove19catNeesy
  • Olivia de Havilland -- what a star.

She has one of my favorite quotes in movie history and I use it all the time:

The happiest days are the days when babies come.”  Gone with the Wind, talking about Bonnie Blue Butler.

And she was fantastic, going from sweet and innocent Melanie to killer dangerous in
    Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte.  A movie I have watched more times than I can count.

R.I.P.
    Aww... :( R.I.P 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTdoyoulove19cat
  • RIP John Saxon.

This guy is one of those faces that has been in so many movies.  Lots of B flick horror.

My choice of movie remembrances of him is Black Christmas.  

For whatever reason, to this day, it is the only "horror" film that scares me.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTdoyoulove19catNeesy
  • Toronto Maple Leafs legend Eddie Shack
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19cat
  • RIP John Saxon.

This guy is one of those faces that has been in so many movies.  Lots of B flick horror.

My choice of movie remembrances of him is Black Christmas.  

For whatever reason, to this day, it is the only "horror" film that scares me.
    John Saxon who co-starred with Bruce Lee in Enter The Dragon dies....and a handsome feller.....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gablerdoyoulove19cat
  • Enter The Dragon was the first film I saw Saxon in. Seems like he was around forever. R. I. P. 
    Hedda Gablerdoyoulove19GNTLGNTcat
  • Damn, hadn't heard about Wilford passing, he was legendary in John Carpenter's The Thing. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirdoyoulove19catNeesyspideyman
  • cat said:
    I was wondering, they are Scientologists, right? So they don't really go for medical treatment, do they? 

I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way at all, I just wondered to myself if she actually had any treatments...but even if not, like you said, she got to go as she wished. 

I felt the same way about pegasus and her choice - she got to go as she wished RIP Kelly and (((Mary)))

NotaroGNTLGNTspideymancatHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ...I am fully convinced, that if someone has all their mental gears meshing and they wish to decide their fate-then so be it.....end of life, if possible-should be an individual and protected choice....
    doyoulove19spideymancatNeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundrop
  • cat said:
    I just looked it up, and their official position is not to interfere with medical diagnoses or treatments, so I guess it is allowed. I thought it was not. 

John Travolta did thank a medical team so I was wrong all the way around. Just thought I had heard that they refused medical treatments somewhere and it stuck in my head. 
    I didn't know that about the Scientologists - I always thought it was the Jehovah's Witnesses who refused medical treatment.
    GNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler