Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

R.I.P.

Comments

• Alex Trebek, the genial "Jeopardy!" host with all the answers and a reassuring presence in the TV game-show landscape for five decades, has died. He was 80 years old.

"Jeopardy! is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends," said a statement shared on the show's Twitter account Sunday. "Thank you, Alex."
    The cause of death was not immediately announced. Trebek revealed in March 2019 he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, triggering an outpouring of support and well wishes at the time.

May he rest in peace.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • That's very sad  :'( R.I.P Alex Trebek.
    Hedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • edited November 2020
    R.I.P. Mr.Trebeck   :(

Hedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Rip mr. trebek. My mom and i spent many good times over many years playing jeopardy with you.
    spideymanGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • ...wow, sunny beach!...this one kicked me in the nards with a steel toed boot....I so enjoyed his wit & wisdom and ornery sense of humor.....just recently finished his last memoir and he gave himself a beautiful and fitting epitaph....

The Perlich Post RIP Alex Trebek 1940-2020
    My life has been a quest for knowledge and understanding, and I am nowhere near having achieved that. And it doesn't bother me in the least. I will die without having come up with the answers to many things in life.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • ....we also lost "The Master of Maloprop".....Norm Crosby....

Norm Crosby dead standup comedian was 93 - Chicago Sun-Times

FlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Oh sure, a familiar face there.   

RIP
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....we also lost "The Master of Maloprop".....Norm Crosby....

Norm Crosby dead standup comedian was 93 - Chicago Sun-Times

Just read about his life - born in 1927 and had turned 93 before his death - RIP Mr. Crosby

FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • R. I. P. Des O Connor, singer, chat show host...here's a great clip of him getting roasted by Morecambe and Wise... 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    R. I. P. Des O Connor, singer, chat show host...here's a great clip of him getting roasted by Morecambe and Wise... 

Awww... that was really great.
    R.I.P Des O'Connor.
    GNTLGNT
  • R.I.P. Mr. O'Connor.
    GNTLGNT
  • My Aunt Celia passed away yesterday morning. She had been very ill for a while, auto immune and liver issues caused by all her medicines. 

She was I think, along with my Uncle, the strongest person I have ever known. They lost 2 of their 5 sons, almost exactly a year apart and she was a rock for the rest of us, (they both were) even though her heart had to have been in shreds. She never ever spoke badly of anyone, even when they deserved it and I find myself wishing I was more like her. She made the best chocolate chip cookies, she made bar cookies instead of round cookies. And I keep thinking of a Christmas, I was pretty young, about 7. She got me a very pretty brush and mirror set and it was so pretty, I was sure it was meant for one of the adults, not little 7 year old me. She got such a kick out of that. 

She was always quick to help, and quick to laugh and she will be missed dearly. I feel so sad for my uncle and my cousins, and their kids. 

There is not going to be a funeral. She did not want one. So I wanted to say this, somewhere. Pay my tribute. 

Rest easy, Aunt Celia. You don't have to struggle anymore.  Kiss Corey and Randy and Grandma and Grandpa for me. I love you. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Oh cat. I hate that you lost such a wonderful spirit.  She will always be with you when you remember and share such beautiful memories like above.  

My condolences to her friends and family.  R.I.P. Aunt Celia.
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • So sorry for your loss Cat.. R. I. P. Aunt Celia... 
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • (((Cat...)))  :'( I'm so sorry girl, I'm thinking of you and sending love your way. <3 
    R.I.P Aunt Celia. 
    NotarocatGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited November 2020
    cat said:
    My Aunt Celia passed away yesterday morning. She had been very ill for a while, auto immune and liver issues caused by all her medicines. 

She was I think, along with my Uncle, the strongest person I have ever known. They lost 2 of their 5 sons, almost exactly a year apart and she was a rock for the rest of us, (they both were) even though her heart had to have been in shreds. She never ever spoke badly of anyone, even when they deserved it and I find myself wishing I was more like her. She made the best chocolate chip cookies, she made bar cookies instead of round cookies. And I keep thinking of a Christmas, I was pretty young, about 7. She got me a very pretty brush and mirror set and it was so pretty, I was sure it was meant for one of the adults, not little 7 year old me. She got such a kick out of that. 

She was always quick to help, and quick to laugh and she will be missed dearly. I feel so sad for my uncle and my cousins, and their kids. 

There is not going to be a funeral. She did not want one. So I wanted to say this, somewhere. Pay my tribute. 

Rest easy, Aunt Celia. You don't have to struggle anymore.  Kiss Corey and Randy and Grandma and Grandpa for me. I love you. 

....what a beautiful way to remember her Cat, a fitting and wonderful tribute to a life long and well lived.....all my love and hugs.....
    NotarocatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    R. I. P. Des O Connor, singer, chat show host...here's a great clip of him getting roasted by Morecambe and Wise... 

Tributes For Kindest Of Hearts Des OConnor Pour In....rest well you wonderfully kind fella.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • It's not nice to fool mother nature.  If you remember her, you are old.

RIP Dena Dietrich.

Dena Dietrich Dies Mother Nature In Classic Commercials Was 91  Deadline
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Diego Maradona. One of the worlds best ever Football players has died. It was a joy to watch him play. He was just 60....  R.I.P.
    NeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • ....may they both find peace and be pain free, happy and whole again in the next plane...
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    Diego Maradona. One of the worlds best ever Football players has died. It was a joy to watch him play. He was just 60....  R.I.P.
    He was incredible... I always used to pretend to be him when I was playing soccer growing up.
    R.I.P you very talented man. <3 
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2020
    R. I. P.  David Prowse aka Darth Vader...

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1129/1181169-dave-prowse-death/
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • ...the Force was strong in that one...... :'(

Darth Vader actor David Prowse dies at 85 Mark Hamill and others pay  tribute - CNET
    NotaroHedda GablercatNeesy