Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What's Cooking?

Comments

• I am going to make my mom's cinnamon rolls today -- if I can get enough energy to open the flour bag.  

She made the best cinnamon rolls.

So... - did you get that bag of flour open?

I am feeling the same way about making bread today - you have to be in the mood.

Now cinnamon rolls - that sounds much tastier than plain bread! (drool)

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Neesy said:
    I am going to make my mom's cinnamon rolls today -- if I can get enough energy to open the flour bag.  

I am feeling the same way about making bread today - you have to be in the mood.

I did not.  I managed to look at the flour bag, but that was about as far as I got.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesyspideyman
  • Neesy said:
    I am going to make my mom's cinnamon rolls today -- if I can get enough energy to open the flour bag.  

I did not.  I managed to look at the flour bag, but that was about as far as I got.

So - guess what I ended up making? I took my bread dough, rolled it out into a rectangle then spread it with butter mixed with brown sugar plus another quarter cup of brown sugar on top of that. Then I rolled it up and put it in the bread pan. After it rose and doubled in size I baked it (it smelled so good!)

It was a cinnamon raisin loaf already - turned out good but I better watch myself - I might end up regaining those 20 pounds I lost if I am not careful :/
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideymancat
  • I made my cinnamon rolls last night.  Not my best batch, but adequate in my time of need.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesycat
  • https://cb65acff-b743-4a7c-bdf9-1f50b0bbcf16.filesusr.com/ugd/f9349a_94c68865d1a74e0db7a85c1f0eb0a1f6.pdf

Looking at this delicious menu, the very first sandwich, the falafel -- part of the ingredient is "Rocket".  What is rocket?

And I would definitely try that warm herb potato salad, but what exactly is black pudding again?  I should know this but I forgot.

Smashed avocado and poached eggs -- I've never had a poached egg, but I would try this.

Yep.  I could eat my way through this menu.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Oh man. Barry & Browne looks really tasty too!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Oh my god I'm so hungry.  What I would give for someone cooking me a great meal.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Rocket is a plant leaf that's used mainly in salads.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruca_vesicaria

Black pudding is a type of sausage made with pigs blood and a couple of other ingredients. It's normally cut into circular slices and either fried or grilled. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • edited September 2020
    Notaro said:
    Rocket is a plant leaf that's used mainly in salads.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruca_vesicaria

Black pudding is a type of sausage made with pigs blood and a couple of other ingredients. It's normally cut into circular slices and either fried or grilled. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding
    ahhhh, arugula -- yes I know that.

Eeewwww.  Maybe I couldn't eat that black pudding thing.  Have you eaten that? Is it good? Something similar you could compare the taste to? perhaps, chicken?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • I will move food talk to Neesy's thread.  :blush:
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Yep I've had black pudding more times than I can remember, I can't place it's texture close with anything else, both the black and the white pudding are somewhat spicy, it's a perfect breakfast food, a traditional Irish breakfast would not be complete without pudding included on the plate. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyspideymancat
  • Notaro said:
    Yep I've had black pudding more times than I can remember, I can't place it's texture close with anything else, both the black and the white pudding are somewhat spicy, it's a perfect breakfast food, a traditional Irish breakfast would not be complete without pudding included on the plate. 
    So you've got a ❤ reaction emoji purely for the "traditional Irish breakfast "... but please know this: should I actually wake up in Ireland one day and we were to meet and decided on a breakfast someplace? You would be the one eating the black pudding. I'll stick to the bacon, thank you. 😄
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyspideymancat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Yep I've had black pudding more times than I can remember, I can't place it's texture close with anything else, both the black and the white pudding are somewhat spicy, it's a perfect breakfast food, a traditional Irish breakfast would not be complete without pudding included on the plate. 
    So you've got a ❤ reaction emoji purely for the "traditional Irish breakfast "... but please know this: should I actually wake up in Ireland one day and we were to meet and decided on a breakfast someplace? You would be the one eating the black pudding. I'll stick to the bacon, thank you. 😄
    Can't come to Ireland Flakes without trying the local cuisine 😃
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Define "can't "... 🤣 
    You can eat it, I'll just watch... and try to keep my bacon down. Urkkk... 😁
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyspideymancat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Define "can't "... 🤣 
    You can eat it, I'll just watch... and try to keep my bacon down. Urkkk... 😁
    😂😂😂
  • ....they’re fighting over her portion of black pudding....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesyspideymancat
  • edited September 2020
    I made my cinnamon rolls last night.  Not my best batch, but adequate in my time of need.

🦥....Happy Sloth!!....
    Hedda GablerNotaroNeesyspideymancat
  • Notaro said:
    We called it "blood pudding" when I was growing up in Canada. It is a little spicy. We'd fry up slices of it about 1 cm thick. Didn't think too deeply about what it was made of, but it was good!
    FlakeNoirNeesyspideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    We called it "blood pudding" when I was growing up in Canada. It is a little spicy. We'd fry up slices of it about 1 cm thick. Didn't think too deeply about what it was made of, but it was good!

My old Mom loved this stuff too - she had a hard time finding it in Canada (compared to when she was back home in Scotland). We would all gag and make gross noises when she talked about it.

spideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Maybe it was an east coast Canada thing -- a lot of us had Scottish ancestors only a couple of generations back. My great-great-grandfather on my mother's side emigrated from Arran in the 1830s. There was a section of the town near us called "Inch Arran" -- I understand Inch means Island in Scottish.
    spideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • I'm 41% Scottish.  I'm not eating blood discs.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • I'm 41% Scottish.  I'm not eating blood discs.
    Disgusting food around the world - Gallery....with a kale salad.....
    FlakeNoircatNeesy