Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

September '04 -- the final countdown

I love the counter Bev! And the magazine "surprise" sounds intriguing also. I cannot believe this is all coming up so fast when we've been waiting so darn long.... Can you?

It still seems a while away:

days!

Comments

• Don't worry Bev, we're all suffering along with you, but it must be so exciting for YOU!!

Lin (who still thinks 27 is a lot better than 54!) ;)
  • Agrees with Lin :)

And 27 is alot better than 54 :)
  • days!

Three weeks from today.
  • Bev,

Do you know how and when the CD RttDT book ships? Does it go out on the release day? Should we expect it a few days after the offical release date?
  • I haven't seen the proof pages for this edition yet, so I don't know when it is expected to ship. I somehow doubt it will go the same time as the trade paperback.
  • My publicist tells me that she's going to start working on getting the previously mentioned radio interviews lined up now that the review copies are hitting people's desks.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: My publicist tells me that she's going to start working on getting the previously mentioned radio interviews lined up now that the review copies are hitting people's desks.

What would it be like listening to your own voice coming out of the radio?

I'd be over the moon :)
  • I'm not a big fan of the sound of my own voice! I can barely stand to hear me on the answering machine.
  • I just found out that Michael Whelan and Rick Berry will be guests of honor at the Dark Tower convention in Maine where I will be signing. Here's the flier.
  • Is there any way for us overseas Bev Vincent fans who can't get to the Dark Tower convention in Maine to obtain a signed copy of your book when it's published Bev? Of course we'd have to figure out a method of payment but I have a Paypal account which allows payments from sterling into dollars if that's any help.

Kxx
  • Jazzrat wrote: Is there any way for us overseas Bev Vincent fans who can't get to the Dark Tower convention in Maine to obtain a signed copy of your book when it's published Bev?  Of course we'd have to figure out a method of payment but I have a Paypal account which allows payments from sterling into dollars if that's any help.

The preferred method is to send me the book (see this link) with a self-addressed return mailer and either U.S. postage or International Reply Coupons. Your local post office should be able to help you figure out how many IRCs would be needed to cover return shipping.

I don't have any mechanism for selling books myself.
  • Well that sounds like an ingenious way of doing things... why didn't I think of that?!

OK, guess I'm sitting here waiting with baited breath like everyone else for publication day now ;D

Kxx
  • Me, I'm just trying not to hyperventilate! I was thrilled just to find FROM THE BORDERLANDS on a prominent shelf in our B&N last night, and to find out that it's on shelves in a grocery store in Wisconsin!

days!

• Bev_Vincent wrote: Me, I'm just trying not to hyperventilate! I was thrilled just to find FROM THE BORDERLANDS on a prominent shelf in our B&N last night, and to find out that it's on shelves in a grocery store in Wisconsin!

days!

The Bev Vincent Phenomena said to be taking the world by storm reported to you by Future Ways, Back in Time Productions is showing how it all began, with radio interviews and Bev Vincent books popping up all over the place, eventually taking the world by said storm in the month(s) of Sept/Oct, 2004.

When asked in an exclusive interview, Mr Bev Vincent answered: Nobody knows what tomorrow can bring, especially me. Dreaming one day of a book about an author's epic work through a 20 year span, and then seeing that book in print, left me wanting so much to be the definitive writer on this DT project; but I can't take credit for all of this alone; I have all my maties on the community website I set up and particular thanks go to Dukky and Bob, for keeping me sane through all the moments of the said project. Thanks, maties!

;D

A little humour can stretch a smile a continent away... ;)

(Dukky - 21st century Philosopher and Entertainment Manager)
  • Why thanks for including me Dukky! Here's hoping Bev cracked a smile as he read this latest news account! ;D

• CRinVA wrote: Why thanks for including me Dukky!  Here's hoping Bev cracked a smile as he read this latest news account!  ;D

You're welcome, matey :)

We are a team :)
  • DTUK wrote:

The Bev Vincent Phenomena said to be taking the world by storm reported to you by Future Ways, Back in Time Productions is showing how it all began, with radio interviews and Bev Vincent books popping up all over the place, eventually taking the world by said storm in the month(s) of Sept/Oct, 2004.

When asked in an exclusive interview, Mr Bev Vincent answered: Nobody knows what tomorrow can bring, especially me. Dreaming one day of a book about an author's epic work through a 20 year span, and then seeing that book in print, left me wanting so much to be the definitive writer on this DT project; but I can't take credit for all of this alone; I have all my maties on the community website I set up and particular thanks go to Dukky and Bob, for keeping me sane through all the moments of the said project. Thanks, maties!

;D

A little humour can stretch a smile a continent away... ;)

(Dukky - 21st century Philosopher and Entertainment Manager)

Oh good gravy, I never laugh out loud, and today you boys made me do it TWICE!!!

If Bev isn't giggling, it's because he's gagged. That was great.

And on a grocery store in Wisconsin, Bev? How do you know that? Did Marcy get a hold of you?
  • Someone posted about it over at www.thedarktower.net -- that's where they found their copy. I think it was Wisconsin. Could'a been Montana. Some place (waves hand vaguely) up there... ;D
  • DTUK wrote: When asked in an exclusive interview, Mr Bev Vincent answered:... but I can't take credit for all of this alone; I have all my maties on the community website I set up and particular thanks go to Dukky and Bob, for keeping me sane through all the moments of the said project. Thanks, maties![/i](Dukky - 21st century Philosopher and Entertainment Manager)

With the greatest of respect Dukky my sweet... you're enough to drive anyone INsane! ::)

Kxx
  • Okay, folks, this is the big day:

#

• Ah, a lucky number we all can agree. ;D
  • Jazzrat wrote:

With the greatest of respect Dukky my sweet... you're enough to drive anyone INsane!  ::)

Kxx

:P lol

and a :P from Bob too :)

Actually I like to think of myself as an island in an insane world...wonder what that means for the rest of the world...lol
  • Hope the next 18 days go really fast Bev! :)

Lin
  • Well not exactly Linny :P

Actually 18 is three times better than 54!

But who's counting days anyways! ;D