Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

September '04 -- the final countdown

Comments

• and 1 hour, 48 minutes and 25 seconds as of mine. :)

• 1387921 days 0 hours 44 minutes and 50 seconds here!

hahaha.

I never caught why the banner is goofy like that.
  • 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes and 0 seconds

I didn't expect it to do that, but it's what I wanted it to do!
  • Is this why you stayed up this late Bev? ;D
  • Actually I'm just getting up -- it's 5:45 am over here. My writing time.

• [move]HAPPY BOOKDAY BEV[/move]

Kxx
  • Woo Hoo! Congrats, Bev!

May you sell a gazillion copies!
  • Congratulations Bev - I know this is a big day for you.

Although I'll be waiting on my copies to arrive from Cemetery Dance, I plan to head over to my local Books-A-Million at lunch and see if you are represented. I'll be sure to "face out" any copies of TRTTDT I see...

Just remeber, if all goes well you can do that for me one day!

Blu
  • It's now official! Congratulations! Time to get the next book out there! ;D
  • Congratulations on the release of TRTTDT, Bev :)

Well done, matey :)
  • Happy Publication Day, Bev!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D
  • Thanks, everyone. It's all very surreal.

Wanna hear something absolutely wild?

I was on the phone a few minutes ago with the reporter from San Luis Obispo, which is between LA and San Francisco, when his chair started shaking like someone was standing behind him. They were having an earthquake! He had to hang up and call me back a few minutes later. Apparently they're fairly rare where he is, but that had a biggish one last year that killed a couple of people.

I talked with him for about 20-25 minutes in total, not counting the earthquake break.
  • They were having an earthquake! He had to hang up and call me back a few minutes later.
    Bet you didn't expect to have that kind of effect on people, huh Bev? ;)
  • Hm.... musta been a

beamquake!

• beamquake!

Good One Bob! ;D
  • Maybe the beams really are real... :o

;)
  • A strong earthquake struck Central California on Tuesday, and it was felt from San Francisco to the Los Angeles area, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. There was no immediate report of injuries.

The quake, which struck at 10:15 a.m. PDT, had a preliminary magnitude of 5.9 and was centered 9 miles south of Parkfield. The area is 17 miles northeast of Paso Robles, scene of an earthquake that killed two people in December 2003.

An aftershock of 5.0 magnitude struck four minutes later.

Paso Robles police said there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

"It rattled everything hanging on the walls and the chandelier was swinging. It didn't do any damage to our house. There were two shakers, one right after the other," said Ben Brown, who lives in Paso Robles.

The quake was felt along a 350-mile stretch, as far north as San Francisco and as far south as Santa Ana, southeast of Los Angeles, the geological survey said.

Parkfield, located on the San Andreas fault, is known as the earthquake capital of California.

A magnitude 5 quake can cause considerable damage and a magnitude 6 quake severe damage, though problems are generally far less severe in remote areas and areas with strong building codes.
  • The quake, which struck at 10:15 a.m. PDT, had a preliminary magnitude of 5.9 and...
    ... local authorities have confirmed that Bev Vincent, noted Dark Tower expert, was being interviewed at precisely that moment. Officials declined to comment on the apparant coincidence, stating only... "yes, it IS ironic".

;D
  • lol, Rache ;D
  • On my way to Barnes and Nobles to get my copy Bev:) Congratulations!! Im very happy for you!! Now I just need to finish the last 400 pages or so of DTXII and then I can read yours, whoo hoo!!!!

Berry
  • Now I just need to finish the last 400 pages or so of DTXII

I would like it if there were another 5 DT books. :)
  • Sorry if it has already been discussed but what is the release date and what stores will it be at? Will it be available at WalMart?