Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

September '04 -- the final countdown

Comments

• CRinVA wrote: But who's counting days anyways!  ;D

You're right--I'm down to hours now!

hours!

(just kidding...)
  • There's a copy of ROAD up on eBay right now...oddly enough from the UK. Only 15 pounds plus shipping, so $30 for a $15 book. Hmmm...
  • Bev_Vincent wrote:

You're right--I'm down to hours now!

hours!

(just kidding...)

Your counter thingy can do hours too...wow!

is impressed.
  • Bev, :) too bad you couldn't synchronize your counter to drop down as each hour passes. There's something cool here in the city called a "population clock" that shows the world "expanding". It was hypnotizing. :)

Lin
  • I was thinking of those millennium clocks they used to sell, too. My "counter" is actually just a set of static graphic files abutting each other, so it's nothing magical. Maybe I can find something that I can implement, though, for the last couple of weeks. I'll see.
  • Maybe I can find something that I can implement, though, for the last couple of weeks. I'll see.

Well Bev, if anyone can find such a thing, it would be you. OMG. It's so very close!! :) I know I've said it before, but I literally can't wait.

Lin
  • When the great day arrives, will the book be released world-wide or just in the States? It dawned on me that I may not be able to get the book over here for a while, but I have friends in Oregon and Houston who could get it for me if that is the case.

Kxx
  • The 9/28 release is just for the U.S. and, perhaps, Canada. It will only be available as an import abroad -- Amazon UK is showing it as being available in late October, but I'm not sure what the reality is. Possibly sooner--sometimes American editions of books appear abroad even before they come out in the US. The Dark Tower VII is on sale in The Netherlands right now, apparently.

I'll be interested to find out what its international distribution will be like.
  • The Dark Tower VII is on sale in The Netherlands right now, apparently.
    *checking on roundtrip fares to the Netherlands*

::)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: I was thinking of those millennium clocks they used to sell, too. My "counter" is actually just a set of static graphic files abutting each other, so it's nothing magical. Maybe I can find something that I can implement, though, for the last couple of weeks. I'll see.

Okay, so check it out at the top of the page!
  • I saw it just a second ago, Bev! Great idea! ;D
  • Love the countdown clock! It's getting very close now...
  • Okay, so check it out at the top of the page!

Bev, that is the coolest thing ever.. I knew you would find something -- it's absolutely perfect, makes the whole thing so much more visually exciting! I love countdowns!

Anyways, I logged in and barely had a moment, so I best go, had to comment on the clock. :)

Lin
  • Got here a little later than the others - but have to say the clock's great Bev.

I'll have to get my friends in the States on the lookout for me and put in for an early Christmas pressie ;)

Kxx
  • Like the countdown Bev!! Can't believe it's almost here!

Refresh my memory but if you pre-ordered the Limited Ed. from CD in April you get a paperback copy AND bookmarks too, right? Man, I can't wait!
  • That sounds like the deal I recall. However, I'm not sure when CD plans to ship their edition--you might want to rattle their chains to find out more.
  • I sent out a batch of press releases this weekend to targeted geographic areas to get the news out to places that might have a particular interest in the story.

I sent one to the local newspaper where I grew up, one to the alumni news office where I graduated, one the the university newspaper and one to each of the two city newspapers where I attended university.

I sent it to the two provincial newspapers where I grew up and to the Maritime Canada TV and radio stations, including ATV/CTV, ASN and CBC. Also to the Canadian Press wire service and, in a moment of grandeur, to the National Post and the Globe & Mail!

Locally, I sent it to the two community newspapers nearby, the main Houston newspaper and the alternative paper and to another county events magazine.

Eighteen of 'em in all...we'll see if that generates any interest at all.

I also visited the brand new Borders bookstore today--so new it doesn't even have a real parking lot yet--and introduced myself as a local author, showed them FROM THE BORDERLANDS and let them know about my upcoming book.

Flog that sucker!
  • You Rock Bev!!!! And so does your counter. ;D
  • Got a good plug from the motherator of King's message board today. Release date's a little off, but still...it's on King's site!

What i want to know is: Some single novels have a connection of DT in them, and vice versa. Can you tell me which books have The Dark Tower in them, And which books are in The Dark Tower. I hope you understand what im asking, i’ve been trying to word it to myself all day! Thanx a lot, ur a freat help as always..................

Response from Moderator

I understand what you’re asking but will have to go through the list of connected books and do that one by one as I don’t have it already sorted out in that way. That will take me a day or two to fit it in with other things on my "to do" list. It’s not out yet, but Bev Vincent’s book The Road to the Dark Tower which will be available September 25th would be a good one to check out for a more in-depth explanation of the connections.

• Very Cool Indeed!
  • Bev, so love that countdown clock, matey :)

And abit of shameless self-promotion never hurt anyone's career :)

Just start to reconsider when you get the old camping gear out and are wondering what it would be like camping outside the store. ;)

• My Amazon sales rank is stuck! It's been 998 since Saturday at least. No fluctuation one way or the other. I wonder what that means?

At least it's not stuck at 9998!
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: My Amazon sales rank is stuck! It's been 998 since Saturday at least. No fluctuation one way or the other. I wonder what that means?

At least it's not stuck at 9998!

I wouldn't worry about it, Bev.

Presently you have everyone that either knows you or loves the DT series, has pre-ordered the book whether from CD or Amazon.

The sales ranking will change dramatically and soon after it has released, because alot of people don't preorder but actually wait a few weeks till after something has come out before spending their cash on it.

Though for the per-order level your's is currently at, I would be very pleased :)

I'm really interested in seeing how well this book does too :)
  • It's not stuck any more. Bounced up to 1000 or so, but now it's down to 954.