Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

September '04 -- the final countdown

Comments

• I'll be talking to Bob Minzesheimer from USA Today tomorrow morning. Wish me luck--my first live interview of this magnitude and importance. Actually, it's not entirely correct to bill this as an interview. I voluteered my services to him as a "Dark Tower" expert because he's interviewing King for a piece to come out next week.

Actually I have no idea what exactly we'll be talking about. The Red Sox, as far as I know!
  • Well Break a Leg Bev!
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: It's not stuck any more. Bounced up to 1000 or so, but now it's down to 954.

Down to 870 - not a record, that was 825, but headed in the right direction!
  • Congrats on the USA Today meeting. Let us know how it goes - we's a nosy bunch! ;D
  • I'm so proud of you Bev! You're my Hero! ;D

Good luck with the interview!
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: That sounds like the deal I recall. However, I'm not sure when CD plans to ship their edition--you might want to rattle their chains to find out more.

Update I received from CD today on the Limited Edition of TRttDT:

Nothing specific yet... we're actually not allowed to publish it until after the mass market one comes out... and it was pushed up from Oct to Sept... so we're not prepared yet for the earlier pub date... keep checking our Breaking News page in Oct and we'll have a better update then!
  • I'll be talking to Bob Minzesheimer from USA Today tomorrow morning. Wish me luck--my first live interview of this magnitude and importance. Actually, it's not entirely correct to bill this as an interview. I voluteered my services to him as a "Dark Tower" expert because he's interviewing King for a piece to come out next week.

Actually I have no idea what exactly we'll be talking about. The Red Sox, as far as I know!

Very exciting Bev dear... all good wishes to you. ;)

Lin
  • All the best with USA Today, Bev :)
  • [move]Good Luck Today Bev[/move]

Kxx
  • I'm scheduled to get his call in about three hours.

In the meantime, I just got this from the community relations manager for the new Borders store in our community:

The Woodlands store already has 24 copies of From the Borderlands in stock and displayed on a special fixture through October 31. There are copies of The Road to the Dark Tower on order for the store and they should arrive for the street date. They are also slated to be displayed on a special fixture through October 31.
  • So how cool is that - you'll be able to walk in and WHAM, get a direct hit from a cool "you need to buy me now" display.

I'm gonna predict that tRttDT is going to be a huge hit!

Bev, you're setting the bar high for your future endeavors! ;D

Bravo Bev !!!

• CRinVA wrote:

Bev, you're setting the bar high for your future endeavors!  

I think that's true, Bob--because there isn't really anyone else like King. He's on a stratum all of his own. There are other high-selling authors, but they don't have the same fan appeal. Grisham sells more books, but fans don't sit around and talk about him. His USENET newsgroup has been a Waste Land since day one.

I have sent a proposal for a follow-up book to my agent to review before we submit it to NAL, but anything I do next (in non-fiction) will necessarily pale by comparison.
  • Which proves, to me at least, the strength of King's stories are the characters.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote:

I think that's true, Bob--because there isn't really anyone else like King. He's on a stratum all of his own. There are other high-selling authors, but they don't have the same fan appeal. Grisham sells more books, but fans don't sit around and talk about him. His USENET newsgroup has been a Waste Land since day one.

I have sent a proposal for a follow-up book to my agent to review before we submit it to NAL, but anything I do next (in non-fiction) will necessarily pale by comparison.

I think King may well have attained the title of Most Popular Fictional Writer in living memory - there is no one else like him :)

It must be great seeing how many places are taking orders for your work also, Bev :)
  • You better believe it -- and all those orders get filled on the day of publication, which could potentially generate some mighty fine numbers. Which is why my agent and I are striving to get the proposal for non-fiction book 2 into shape to deliver when my name is worth something around the hallowed halls of Penguin. Ride that wave!

The USA Today reporter got tied up so he decided to send his opening questions by e-mail and will follow up by phone tomorrow if necessary. I liked that approach a lot as it allowed me to wax poetic and philosophical at my leisure instead of stammering on the telephone. He told me he definitely plans to work my answers and perspective into the interview he's doing this weekend that will run next week.

;D

They don't make smilies with any bigger smiles than that one, do they?
  • New record Amazon sales ranking:

• GAAARRRRRRR
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: You better believe it -- and all those orders get filled on the day of publication, which could potentially generate some mighty fine numbers. Which is why my agent and I are striving to get the proposal for non-fiction book 2 into shape to deliver when my name is worth something around the hallowed halls of Penguin. Ride that wave!

The USA Today reporter got tied up so he decided to send his opening questions by e-mail and will follow up by phone tomorrow if necessary. I liked that approach a lot as it allowed me to wax poetic and philosophical at my leisure instead of stammering on the telephone.  He told me he definitely plans to work my answers and perspective into the interview he's doing this weekend that will run next week.

;D

They don't make smilies with any bigger smiles than that one, do they?

:) I can't imagine you stammering ever! But you sure do write nice, so that's perfect if you say so!

I found this little guy:

He kind of has a bigger smile, plus he's drinking a hot bevvy. ;) Which sounds bad, but it's cute. ;D

Lin
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: New record Amazon sales ranking:

WOOHOO!
  • Excellent figure, Bev! :)

I am talking about the sales ranking for those that might be a wee bit confused...lol :P
  • Keep on trucking!
  • You wanna know how big this book is going to be?

Dimensions (in inches): 0.81 x 9.12 x 6.36!

I've been watching the Amazon sales ranking of FROM THE BORDERLANDS go from 40,000 before publication to about 4000 today. I wonder if something similar will happen after ROAD is published. I'm down to 842 right now...
  • Another new record Amazon sales rank: 650
  • Sunday morning, my sales rank is 365!!
  • it will hit 19 before you know it lol