Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

September '04 -- the final countdown

Comments

• I was surprised and pleased to see that the local newspaper also printed almost the entire text of the press release I faxed them -- so strike up another victory for my minimarketing campaign! It's a nice sidebar on the left column of the front page of the Diversions section of the Woodlands Villager.
  • Bev,

It sure appears that "ringing your own bell" has startd to pay big dividends!

If this keeps up you will have to quit your day job!

:)
  • Way to go, Bev ! :)

Liked the sidebar :)
  • And so it begins.. 8) Totally cool Bev, all of it... makes me all the more excited to get your book, already! I hope you don't mind that when I enquired about your book at Chapters last night (I noted elsewhere it's on order), I kind of *airily* might have mentioned *just casually you understand*knowing you. ;D

Lin
  • I hope you don't mind that when I enquired about your book at Chapters last night (I noted elsewhere it's on order), I kind of *airily* might have mentioned *just casually you understand*knowing you.
    LOL...Lin, if it had been me I would've said something like "he's this real close friend of mine that I've known for years - I have a book of his already signed and at home that he gave to me personally, I just like to see how things are for him at other stores"  :D  

Edited to clarify to Bev: I haven't done that... but I could imagine it. ::)
  • Rache :), he asked me if I wanted to put one on reserve, I said "oh no, that won't be necessary, I have my own personally-signed copy coming soon"... . ;D

Lin
  • LOL! Okay, close! ;D
  • Ha!

Did they say when the book was expected in? I've heard reports from other Canadians that they've been told at some stores it won't be in stock until November.
  • Chapters seems to have the book at their central warehouse but are not stocking at their individual stores - at least in Ontario.

I ordered one on Monday and should have it next Monday.

Weird.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Ha!

Did they say when the book was expected in? I've heard reports from other Canadians that they've been told at some stores it won't be in stock until November.

Bev, for my local Chapters, it's showing for October, but not a date. :)

I'm gonna call, then I'm gonna go take a picture when it gets there and post it for you!! ;D

Lin
  • Locus magazine has a link to the USA Today sidebar on their web site. And I had nothing to do with it beyond e-mailing the info to them... 8)
  • :) Pace is picking up Bev.. it's all very exciting!

Lin 8)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Locus magazine has a link to the USA Today sidebar on their web site. And I had nothing to do with it beyond e-mailing the info to them... 8)

Heh. Bev, you're becoming a media marketing machine! :D

Glad the momentum's building.

HBJ
  • Lin242 wrote: Rache :), he asked me if I wanted to put one on reserve, I said "oh no, that won't be necessary, I have my own personally-signed copy coming soon"... . ;D

Lin

I'd loved to have been there when you said that, Lin :)

Way cool! 8)
  • Bev do you have any idea about overseas orders for your book - my local sci-fi store has the first concordance, so I'm figuring I'll ask about your book there too, but I was wondering if you knew if it had been ordered by danish stores?

(I'd hate paying postage etc to amazon if I could support my neighbourhood speciality bookstore)
  • DTUK wrote:

I'd loved to have been there when you said that, Lin :)

Way cool!  8)

Dukky, I tried hard not to sound too smug.. ;)
  • Nille wrote: Bev do you have any idea about overseas orders for your book - my local sci-fi store has the first concordance, so I'm figuring I'll ask about your book there too, but I was wondering if you knew if it had been ordered by danish stores?

(I'd hate paying postage etc to amazon if I could support my neighbourhood speciality bookstore)

Hate to admit that I don't have a foggy clue! A guy at the Shocklines board who lives in Sweden found it in a shop there, so there's hope.
  • Cool - I guess I'll go snooping around copenhagen tomorrow then, if it's made it to sweden we're close - and I'll let you know if I find it
  • Did the rounds yesterday - so far no luck :-/
  • If there's a bookstore at the Copenhagen airport, that might be a place to call. I remember how impressed I was by the beautiful airport you have when I was last there, but that was about sixteen years ago.
  • I got a nice big spread in the Conroe Courier today. Over half a page, with author photo, book cover and lots of good information about the project. I haven't found it online yet, but if I do I'll add a link. The word's getting out among the locals, at least. People are telling me they're seeing my name everywhere! I even snuck a blurb about my signing in at the end of my review of THE DARK TOWER, which ran on Friday.
  • Amazon sales ranking: 301!
  • Woohoo, Bev ! :)

Do you know how far the sales ranking's go?

- all the way to one perhaps?
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: I got a nice big spread in the Conroe Courier today. Over half a page, with author photo, book cover and lots of good information about the project. I haven't found it online yet, but if I do I'll add a link. The word's getting out among the locals, at least. People are telling me they're seeing my name everywhere! I even snuck a blurb about my signing in at the end of my review of THE DARK TOWER, which ran on Friday.

Good news Bev AND the ranking! I've told all my friends at work about you and your book (whether they read SK or not.. I make them listen). :)

Lin
  • DTUK wrote: Woohoo, Bev ! :)

Do you know how far the sales ranking's go?

- all the way to one perhaps?

Yes, they go all the way down to one. I'm currently at 295!