Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

CHRISTMAS....is coming!

Comments

• I am watching A Christmas Story .   Has anyone read the book this is based on — In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash?

Yes, I have.  My dad was a huge fan of Jean Shepard!  :)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroSundropNeesy
  • I am watching A Christmas Story .   Has anyone read the book this is based on — In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash?

Does the movie follow the book pretty good?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarodoyoulove19Neesy
  • ....I like me some gnomes and that is stupendous!.....

not_nadineNotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Neesy
  • ....for OoO....

Ho ho ho - Imgflip
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablerdoyoulove19SundropNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:

OMG.... you gorgeous kiddo! 💚💜💙
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Neesy
  • 1 Christmas shopping done2 Funny Christmas memes When Christmas  decorations appear in the shops3 Cat get  Christmas humor Christmas  memes Funny pictures....guess which one is Deej and which one is me..... :D
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNotarodoyoulove19SundropNeesy
  • ....Merry Kiitymas!!!!.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirdoyoulove19spideymanNeesy
  • OK, this sunday was Lucia. A rather important day in sweden. Its an old, old tradition in sweden because it was seen as the years darkest day and and the whiteshrouded feature of Lucia with candles in her hair was seen as a bringer of light and hope. In the old times it was believed it was also a dangerous time since it was the darkest night evil forces were at bay so people gathered together, sang, ate and drunk. Lucia (or Lucy in english i think) was originally a sicilian saint but sweden kind of adopted her. I dont know if her day is important in the states but it cerrtainly is here.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19spideymanSundropNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    OK, this sunday was Lucia. A rather important day in sweden. Its an old, old tradition in sweden because it was seen as the years darkest day and and the whiteshrouded feature of Lucia with candles in her hair was seen as a bringer of light and hope. In the old times it was believed it was also a dangerous time since it was the darkest night evil forces were at bay so people gathered together, sang, ate and drunk. Lucia (or Lucy in english i think) was originally a sicilian saint but sweden kind of adopted her. I dont know if her day is important in the states but it cerrtainly is here.

....very beautiful Kurb.....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirdoyoulove19spideymanNeesy
  • Adorable...

doyoulove19Hedda GablerGNTLGNTspideymanFlakeNoirNeesy

There are pieces that do exactly.  The book was written as essays of a part of his childhood and the movie made it all happen in the month or so before Christmas.  But for the most part, yes.  And in case you didn't know, the author, Jean Shephard is the narrator of the movie! :)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTspideymanFlakeNoirNeesy

There are pieces that do exactly.  The book was written as essays of a part of his childhood and the movie made it all happen in the month or so before Christmas.  But for the most part, yes.  And in case you didn't know, the author, Jean Shephard is the narrator of the movie! :)
    I didn’t know that and it makes it even better. He just has the perfect voice and feelings for the his life on screen.
    Notarodoyoulove19GNTLGNTspideymanFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....that was a great and heart hugging moment B.....
    spideymanFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Hedda Gabler
  • ....for Flakers....... <3

spideymanFlakeNoirdoyoulove19KurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....for Flakers....... <3

Awww.. thank you. 💚
    doyoulove19NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler