Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

CHRISTMAS....is coming!

Comments

• I know nothing about wines. Aside from Boonesfarm and MD2020.

But, I bought a wine yesterday to give as a hostess gift for a friend having me to her house for dinner.  (Yes, I will mask and social distance.)

I bought it because it had a pretty, festive bottle.  It could suck.  It was a fairly cheap wine, again, I bought it for the bottle.   It may be gross, but it's got to be a step up from Kountry Kwencher.
    ...or Fred Sanford's "champipple".....Pink Muscato is Tracy's favorite....light and sweet, easy on the nose and gut.....
    FlakeNoirKurbenNeesyHedda GablerNotarospideymancat
  • edited December 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    I know nothing about wines. Aside from Boonesfarm and MD2020.

But, I bought a wine yesterday to give as a hostess gift for a friend having me to her house for dinner.  (Yes, I will mask and social distance.)

I bought it because it had a pretty, festive bottle.  It could suck.  It was a fairly cheap wine, again, I bought it for the bottle.   It may be gross, but it's got to be a step up from Kountry Kwencher.
    ...or Fred Sanford's "champipple".....Pink Muscato is Tracy's favorite....light and sweet, easy on the nose and gut.....
    Oh good, sounds like a nice, mild wine.  Nothing too over powering.  Because I also purchased a Moscato.

Gemma Di Luna Moscato Sparkling Wine - 750ml Bottle  Target

So, at Dana's School of Wine Shopping,

1.  Expense is not the issue.  Expensive or cheap, go for the pretty bottle.

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTspideymancatdoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:

Oh good, sounds like a nice, mild wine.  Nothing too over powering.  Because I also purchased a Moscato.

....you have learned well winesipper.....
    FlakeNoirNotarospideymanNeesyHedda Gablercat
  • I know what your favorite is Hedda......

Sparkle Donkey TequilaEl Burro Esparkalo wishes you Felize Navidad....lol

spideymanFlakeNoirNeesyNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercatdoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:

I just read a review and the reviewer said "I don’t like wine, but I love this wine. It is sweet and not tart or dry"

It sounds good - especially since it's white and sparkling - I think I could drink it

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • ghost19 said:
    I know what your favorite is Hedda......

Sparkle Donkey TequilaEl Burro Esparkalo wishes you Felize Navidad....lol

Sparkle Donkey Tequila
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablercatspideyman
  • GNTLGNT said:

😄😄😄
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablercatspideymanNeesy
  • Got our tree up Sunday. We are going shopping tomorrow. I have ordered a few things online and pitched in on a snowblower for Brandon so he is done but otherwise, that's it so far. 

NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirghost19spideymanGNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler
  • cat said:
    Got our tree up Sunday. We are going shopping tomorrow. I have ordered a few things online and pitched in on a snowblower for Brandon so he is done but otherwise, that's it so far. 

Aww Cat, this is so beautiful! 💚
    NotarocatspideymanGNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler
  • ....Cat, the tree is outstanding....now pose Lily under it with a Santa hat...... :D
    catNeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideyman
  • cat said:
    Got our tree up Sunday. We are going shopping tomorrow. I have ordered a few things online and pitched in on a snowblower for Brandon so he is done but otherwise, that's it so far. 

I love it!  So personal and charming and the varied lights.  That's just all sorts of awesome.
    NotaroFlakeNoirNeesycatGNTLGNTspideyman
  • edited December 2020
    Does anyone here do that Elf on a Shelf thing?

I know everyone probably hates this guy, but I would have had so much fun with him when my kids were little.  Every single day that Elf would've found himself in situations that really forced him to reexamine his life.
    NotaroFlakeNoirNeesycatghost19GNTLGNTspideyman
  • Does anyone here do that Elf on a Shelf thing?

I know everyone probably hates this guy, but I would have had so much fun with him when my kids were little.  Every single day that Elf would've found himself in situations that really forced him to reexamine his life.
    We've never done this at home, but this year my coworker and I are doing it for our client. We have named him "Twinkle" and we encourage our client to find him every day in his new hiding spot. It's great! 
    Neesynot_nadineNotaroHedda GablercatGNTLGNTspideyman
  • They can get themselves in all sorts of mischief.   :D
    NeesyFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablercatGNTLGNTspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Does anyone here do that Elf on a Shelf thing?

We've never done this at home, but this year my coworker and I are doing it for our client. We have named him "Twinkle" and we encourage our client to find him every day in his new hiding spot. It's great! 
    Oh that's super!  Have fun with it and I'm sure your client is going to be so tickled all month!
    NotaroFlakeNoircatGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • cat said:

I love it!  So personal and charming and the varied lights.  That's just all sorts of awesome.
    Scott loves lights. 😀 There are 2 strands of multi color ones, 2 strands of snowflake ones. Usually they stand out better but I couldn't get Ali to not wrap them as tight as the others. Then the little ball lights are on like a crown thing, and they drape down over the tree. They change color constantly, which I like. Can't tell that from the pic though. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyspideyman
  • Christmas over yet?
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • Christmas over yet?
    OMG! Look what Christmas just dragged in! 😄
    Great to see you Triple O! I hope you're all keeping well my friend. 
    catOut of OrderHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Christmas over yet?
    👋👋👋 Missed you!
    Hedda GablerOut of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Christmas over yet?
    OMG! Look what Christmas just dragged in! 😄
    Great to see you Triple O! I hope you're all keeping well my friend. 
    Same to you, Flake! Hope all is well in Kiwiville..🤗
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • Nice to see you OoO!  Hope things are keen your way.
    Out of OrdercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    Christmas over yet?
    👋👋👋 Missed you!
    Missed you too!!🥰
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman