Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What's Cooking?

Comments

• All your food sounds so good neesy, keep your adventures in the kitchen coming. 

Have you ever cooked a lobster? Tips?

So I did ask Andy if he had ever cooked a lobster and he said "hundreds" - they used to get them on the Isle of Arran

I asked him if he just boiled a big pot of water, dropped them in and listened to them scream but he said that the sound they make is just air escaping - hmmm - I wonder?

They are mighty tasty though!

NotaroOut of OrderGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Yikes. I won’t cook a live one. Someone else has to do the murdering. I’ll come along after the fact
    and not think about the lobster family, waiting for daddy to come home. And he never will.

😵
    NotaroOut of OrderGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I need a good easy recipe for something to serve with mango margaritas and a bean dip.......
    Hedda GablerNotaroOut of OrderGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Sundrop said:
    I need a good easy recipe for something to serve with mango margaritas and a bean dip.......
    My recipe is, hire some good lookin’ guy you’re interested in to be your bartender. 
    SundropNotaroOut of OrderGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Sundrop said:
    I need a good easy recipe for something to serve with mango margaritas and a bean dip.......
    Potato salad of course!🤗
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerSundropFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Yikes. I won’t cook a live one. Someone else has to do the murdering. I’ll come along after the fact
    and not think about the lobster family, waiting for daddy to come home. And he never will.

😵
    .....he just went out for a six pack of krill and never came back....
    Hedda GablerSundropOut of OrderFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Sundrop said:
    https://www.myrecipes.com/news/tiktok-chick-fil-a-crunchwrap-supreme
  • Sundrop said:
    My recipe is, hire some good lookin’ guy you’re interested in to be your bartender. 
    Image tagged in annoyed bartenderdrinksfunnyfunny memes - Imgflip
  • Sundrop said:
    Potato salad of course!🤗
    Your mamas potato salad  funny
  • Sundrop said:
    I called Nikki Sixx, but he must be busy......he hasn't returned my call
    Out of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:
    Keep me posted on that, that would be some good eye candy.
    SundropOut of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:
    If he shows up at my house, you can bet there will be pictures!
    Out of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:
    If he shows up at my house, you can bet there will be pictures!
    I expect them.  You have a duty.
    SundropOut of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • .....Nikki "Butternuts" Sixx......
    Hedda GablerNeesyHollyGolightlySundrop
  • Tonight Andy is making a beef roast in the oven with new baby potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Josh and I also like corn (which Andy calls "sweet corn") so we're going to have some of that as well.

If I had any room for dessert I could try some of this stuff called "Noodle Kugel" that I made yesterday. Doubt that I will be able to fit it all in, so I think I'll save that for tomorrow.

FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTHollyGolightly
  • Yum! You guys eat good!
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTNeesyHollyGolightly
  • Noodle Kugel  Brown Eyed Baker,,,,Noodle Kugel is a traditional Jewish dessert.....I have again learned something new, which means 470 old things have been ejected from the memory banks.....dammit.....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirNeesyHollyGolightlyNotaro
  • Yum! You guys eat good!
    Thanks - most of the time we do - trying to figure out what to do with all those tomatoes from the garden now
    GNTLGNT said:
    Noodle Kugel  Brown Eyed Baker,,,,Noodle Kugel is a traditional Jewish dessert.....I have again learned something new, which means 470 old things have been ejected from the memory banks.....dammit.....
    Yup - that looks an awful lot like it - to be fair it's possible I did not make it right but it was not great (at least to me)

Mostly I picked the raisins out and ate those plus some of the cottage cheese - it tastes better if you squirt some light whipping cream on it!

(Maybe should have eaten it while it was hot - put it in the microwave to warm but that didn't help much either)

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyHedda GablerNotaro
  • ....I have found that I cannot do raisins anymore, which is profoundly sad for me... I love them alone, in pie, cookies, yogurt, chocolate-but they don luv me no more Lucy....
    HollyGolightlyHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I have found that I cannot do raisins anymore, which is profoundly sad for me... I love them alone, in pie, cookies, yogurt, chocolate-but they don luv me no more Lucy....
    Although I hear such sadness in your post and comfort you I would, my empathy comes entirely from an intellectual source.
    I have never met a raisin I would be happy to eat.  
    not_nadinespideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • Bought string cheese and almost had a heart attack with the packaging.  Thought that there was a praying mantis in there

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesyNotaro
  • Bought string cheese and almost had a heart attack with the packaging.  Thought that there was a praying mantis in there

I Fed My String Cheese a Tiny Wheat Thin He Loves It This Seems Important   Funny Meme on MEME
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesyNotarospideyman

Kraft Polly-O String Cheese Team With Crayola 07172012
    It seems they come with crayons too!

My son is going back to work today - I should nip out and buy him some of these - they're a good snack (lots of calcium)

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • I am going to make my mom's cinnamon rolls today -- if I can get enough energy to open the flour bag.  

She made the best cinnamon rolls.
    GNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoirNotarospideymanSundrop
  • I am going to make my mom's cinnamon rolls today -- if I can get enough energy to open the flour bag.  

She made the best cinnamon rolls.
    Domestic AF funny kitchen towelfunny flour sack  Etsy
    Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirNotarospideymanSundrop